Dumping coins in bags?

jack584

May 29, 2011
So for the past few weeks I have been dumping $1000 in rolled halves at my local wells fargo. They have no problem woth that ammount of coin coming in every week and they dont ever ask any questions pr anthing.They are awesome. But I have noticed that they just put my rolls in 2 CoinLock bags, $500 in each, and they just give me the cash right then, and and ammount over/under is added/deducted from my account, one time $0.50 was added into my account :D So do you think I could just ask for some empty bags and put my coins in there? Would be a lot easier, but I dont know if they would still give me the money in cash like they do now.

Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
You could ask for the bags. But they probably will say No because they need to calculate label the bags before they leave the bank. Just a thought. I have seen my bank do this a few times too.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never hurts to ask......

Am getting bags this friday. 100 free with my acc# on them . I can put $500 in they will give me the cash then ajust in a few days if its off.:coins::coins:

OP
OP
J

jack584

May 29, 2011
Am getting bags this friday. 100 free with my acc# on them . I can put $500 in they will give me the cash then ajust in a few days if its off.:coins::coins:

I hope that is what my bank does, I dont want to have to wait for the money to be deposited into my account, and I wouldnt want it to either, because it would leave a record of all my transactions.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That's strange. I've dumped 100 bags, they are sent out in loose coin. Never counted, get cash immediately, and never over or under.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread