Couple of firsts for me yesterday....

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
So in between my halves pickups I usually will search for some CWR's and do some dimes and nickels to satisfy my addiction.

I stopped by a bank where I had picked up $30 in halves a few weeks ago and pulled 3 - 40%. No halves this time, but I asked about large dollar coins, they said "we have 2 of the big silver dollars", I got a little excited, but those hopes were quickly dashed when the teller handed me 2 clad Ikes for my two singles....oh well.

So later on I went to my bank to do some other personal banking and picked up $100 in dimes and $50 in nickels. On my second roll, I pulled out my first Merc from CRH (1941):icon_thumright:. A couple rolls later contained 2 Rosies and a wheat penny. Overall the dimes yielded 6 silver!

The nickels were decent as well, no silver, but my first V Nickel (1912) and 2 Buffs (one dateless and a 1936 in EF condition).

I went back to the same bank today to try to get any leftovers. A 1964 Rosie was all that was left, but overall I was real happy with the results, 7 silver dimes out of $200 in CWR, I'll take those results everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

PS - I would post a pic but my crummy cell phone camera is garbage.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread