Should i pay $5 for boxes??

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was geting 2 boxes a week for ?? 12 weeks. Then a new manager took over. He said if i wanted more boxes it would cost me $5 per box. No way well am thinking about getting 20 boxes. If i get about 3 silvers per box. I could make ?? $200 with easy dumps it may work??My time and gas this may not be a bad deal. I would love your in put on this??

Upvote 0

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the banks that do want to fee people won't be letting off the gas, so I'd say go for it. I picked up a couple of boxes last week from one of my pickup banks, and they were LOADED with silver. This branch cut me off the same day I picked up, I suspect because the manager is a PMSing *****. I wasn't abusing them or anything, 2 boxes. I am considering opening a business account and paying whatever dumb fees they want to charge me to try and get into the pallet those boxes came off of. They were older looking yellow flat ones. If your supply is producing, I'd be all over that ****.

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
Personaly I will NEVER ever pay a fee to either order or dump coins. It is pure principal. Just look around for another order bank. In my opinion dump banks are far more important than order banks anyway. Good Luck.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks your in put helped me a lot. I allways said i would never pay a penny for any coins. I buy silver coins all the time and if the 1st $100 goes just to cover the boxes. I can just think of it as i paid for the 1st $100 of silver. Well for now i think i will order more from some of the banks that i stoped. Thats what i did. And i opened 1 more acct and 1 more tomorrow. So i have to drive more but i will save $100 right off the top!! This winter i will try it and see what happens. Thanks again guys!!

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
20 x $5 = $100 a week to get boxes.

Sorry, in my opinion its not worth it. I dont cash out my finds so its not like I am making money right now. I stack and set it aside for 20-25 years in the future. Putting $100 a week into my CRH would be a big blow to my funds.

If it works for you, do it. You apparently have the funds to play with to be able to purchase 20 boxes in one fell swoop.

Big +1!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't do it! When they realize they can start making money off of us it will only get worse! We must defend our right to exchange currency for free

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Not if you can get those boxes for free , I happily pay $5 per box at a bank that has titan boxes as no other bank in my area has those boxes tho i believe its possible they use the same facility as other banks i deal with just the boxes the coins are in are different.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
I think the banks that do want to fee people won't be letting off the gas, so I'd say go for it. I picked up a couple of boxes last week from one of my pickup banks, and they were LOADED with silver. This branch cut me off the same day I picked up, I suspect because the manager is a PMSing *****. I wasn't abusing them or anything, 2 boxes. I am considering opening a business account and paying whatever dumb fees they want to charge me to try and get into the pallet those boxes came off of. They were older looking yellow flat ones. If your supply is producing, I'd be all over that ****.

capital one? new policy apparently...

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
capital one? new policy apparently...

We don't have capital one out here, along with all of the other banks everyone talks about. I've found that ordering varies from branch to branch of the same bank. Some branches tell you to **** off, while others happily order away. Some want to charge business fees, and some will only order one box per week. The branch I brought donuts in for on Monday ordered twice for me this week! I didn't request it or anything, it was just out of the clear blue. It was kind of nice, I hope they keep it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread