gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Dad and Tanner invest $60 in CRH and net good results with pic

I was working about 50 miles from Detroit and only had time to visit two banks. The first one (PNC) coughed up $60 in customer rolled halves and $3 from a teller tray. The other (credit union) had none. The teller tray was a skunk and the $60 produced 20 40%, 3 90% and a weird 1982 plated with 1980 stamped into it two times. It has been a while since we have had a nice score like this. I peeked a two of the rolls and saved them for Tanner to open.

Just a thought: When I asked the first teller for halves she had none. The teller next to her had 3 in her tray, and a third who was not behind the counter came racing over and said that she had $60 worth. These had the AU. She said that she had had these rolls for over a month and she was glad to get rid of them because she was tired of counting them. Lots of the folks on this forum seems to think there are tons of coin roll hunters out there hitting all the banks all the time and that the banks are loaded with cherry picking tellers. This bank less than 1/2 mile from 1-75 near a good sized city had these rolls sitting there for a month. There may be a lot of CRH's but we think there are lots and lots and lots of banks that do not get hit up that often, not a lot of cherry picking tellers and not as may avid CRH's as most on this forum thinks there are.

What do you think?

Dad and Tanner
Keep on Searching R.I.P. Rich
PS May is always a slow searching month for us as Tanner is in baseball, Soccer and Scouts.

Attachments

• May 14  halves.JPG
    May 14 halves.JPG
    557.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Upvote 0

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you did very well. i went to my regular bank today to deposit some checks and bought all the halves thay had which consisted of 2 rolls. i scored 2 40% ers. h.h.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the find! I've been only doing CWRs when I can find them. It's been dry lately. Would love to have ran into these rolls.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score.

I agree. I think there are still lots of areas that aren't saturated with CRH folks and that tellers hate to count the oddball stuff that stays in their drawer forever. I've gotten lots of nice scores in my travels around the USA just that way.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are so many coin counters i can't find any rolls!! Great find!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome find, I agree with Tim, due to large amount of coin counters in my area, there are seldomly CWR's... keep on scorin'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions