Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Should i pay $5 for boxes??

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2011
    818 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Should i pay $5 for boxes??

I was geting 2 boxes a week for ?? 12 weeks. Then a new manager took over. He said if i wanted more boxes it would cost me $5 per box. No way well am thinking about getting 20 boxes. If i get about 3 silvers per box. I could make ?? $200 with easy dumps it may work??My time and gas this may not be a bad deal. I would love your in put on this??

us
    Apr 2010
    49 times
    I would give it a try, if it works out keep on going. Good luck.

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    How would cutting this bank out effect your weekly supply?

us
    Aug 2011
    818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by namster View Post
    How would cutting this bank out effect your weekly supply?
    I stoped useing them ??12 weeks ago i was just thinking. To get 20 boxes so easy?? It may work?? Its not as bad as betting in ac.
    Last edited by River Rat; May 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM.

us
    Dec 2011
    Constant state of misery
    232 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    20 x $5 = $100 a week to get boxes.

Sorry, in my opinion its not worth it. I dont cash out my finds so its not like I am making money right now. I stack and set it aside for 20-25 years in the future. Putting $100 a week into my CRH would be a big blow to my funds.

If it works for you, do it. You apparently have the funds to play with to be able to purchase 20 boxes in one fell swoop.

May 2012
    218 times
    GO FOR IT!!!

us
    Aug 2011
    818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The_EE View Post
    20 x $5 = $100 a week to get boxes.

Sorry, in my opinion its not worth it. I dont cash out my finds so its not like I am making money right now. I stack and set it aside for 20-25 years in the future. Putting $100 a week into my CRH would be a big blow to my funds.

If it works for you, do it. You apparently have the funds to play with to be able to purchase 20 boxes in one fell swoop.
    I would do my 40 plus boxes and the 20 extra boxes.

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    Id say, if you can get 10 OZ/week out of this bank by paying $5/box for 20 boxes then go for it.

us
    Dec 2009
    Brookland, AR
    E-trac, White's DFX
    670 times
    If I happened to be in your situation and wanted to do an extra 20 boxes, I personally would just increase my orders at banks that were still ordering for free to get to the desired total number of boxes.

Even though your boxes typically produce plenty well enough to pay for the $5/box fee, I personally don't see any reason to pay for something you can get for free elsewhere.

But, its your money...not mine. Do as you wish. Best of luck!

us
    Aug 2011
    818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieBassMan View Post
    If I happened to be in your situation and wanted to do an extra 20 boxes, I personally would just increase my orders at banks that were still ordering for free to get to the desired total number of boxes.

Even though your boxes typically produce plenty well enough to pay for the $5/box fee, I personally don't see any reason to pay for something you can get for free elsewhere.

But, its your money...not mine. Do as you wish. Best of luck!
    I think you may be right! Am carful not to over ordering. I will try to the bank down to $3 per box??

us
    Nov 2011
    Sulphur, NV
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TimZim View Post
    I think you may be right! Am carful not to over ordering. I will try to the bank down to $3 per box??
    I doubt you can get the VT/LT to bargain with you, they probably do not have control over the fees. Give it a go if you want. What bank? A large national or small regional?

us
    Feb 2012
    'Murica
    79 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    I'd say give it a try, if you come out ahead of the game then it's worth the fee. 1 40% half per box covers the fee so anything after that is all positive. If the bank doesn't produce too many skunks, and you are worried about asking other banks to order even more for you, I would say it's not a bad option for someone who does the volume you do.
    2013 running total:
    Oldest coin find of the year (and overall) 1858 flying eagle
    total silver oz x 39.6

us
    Aug 2011
    818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by namster View Post
    I doubt you can get the VT/LT to bargain with you, they probably do not have control over the fees. Give it a go if you want. What bank? A large national or small regional?
    Its a pnc all the other pncs don't charge any fee??

us
    Apr 2011
    201 times
    your best bargaining chip assuming you do not have a business account is to negotiate with the manager first on how many boxes he can waive the fee on per week if any. If not, have the manager show you in their schedule of fees where a box costs $5. More than likely they will bring out a schedule of fees in the business account pamphlet. At which point you can start negotiating how many boxes per week you will order for free vs. filing a complaint to the OCC for attempting to charge business account fees to a regular account.
    OtraVez likes this.

us
    R.I.P. Rich Hartford, You'll be missed.

Feb 2011
    in front of you in the bank
    1295 times
    tim, go for it, since it is about the silver, do it, you buy silver anyway, it's like gambling, you usually make out good! if the boxes produced more than 1 silver each, I would pay for the boxes if I were you.
    HH
    BuffaloBoy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors