Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Where is the scariest place you have coin roll hunted?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2012
    78 times
    coin roll hunting

Where is the scariest place you have coin roll hunted?

How much does that piece of silver mean to you? List the scariest places you've hunted (you don't have to specify a city or town) or share a story of something that happened to you.

I haven't really been to any scary places but some of the places around DC I have been to have a police officer sitting at a desk in the lobby, not a security guard but an actual cop.

us
    Mar 2012
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I live in new Hampshire do not too many scary places. But I've done a box of quarters in Manchester in the parking lot, but I also had my gun with me so..

us
    Mangling rolls since '09

May 2012
    West Chester, PA
    26 times
    Roll Searching
    Paterson and Plainfield, NJ, without my firearm.

Drove through, stopped at a Wells Fargo, and got the hell out.

According to this list, it's #74 on the most dangerous places to live in America...

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nei...p100dangerous/

Of course, Chester, PA, which is about 25 minutes from me, is #2, and there's a TD Bank right off I95 there, that I dump at approximately once a month. There's a cop stationed outside the bank at all times, though, and it's nestled in a college campus, plus the fact I'm very familiar with the area, makes it feel a fraction as dangerous as Paterson did.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact I can C&C helps.
    Last edited by Merc Crazy; Jul 12, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Jun 2012
    Northern California
    47 times
    CRH, garage sales
    I was in my car in the parking lot for a local community college a few weeks ago going through a bunch of dimes and listening to the baseball game. It's summer break, so I was the only one around and could see all the entrances and exits. A sheriff's patrol car pulls into the lot and stops behind me, and he comes up to my window like he pulled me over. I was a little worried that I'd be arrested (trespassing?), my car would be towed and my coins would disappear from impound.

us
    Mar 2012
    13 times
    New Haven

us
    Aug 2009
    Michigan
    1 times
    muskegon Michigan.

us
    Jul 2011
    481 times
    Chattanooga, TN- in the hood

us
    Mr. Schulz

Mar 2012
    DeWitt, Iowa
    Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
    309 times
    Coin Roll Hunting, Bottle hunting, and Metal Detecting
    Detroit Michigan on 8 mile Road. Asked for loose halves and got some silver. All the tellers were behind bullet proof glass, and only one person at a time could be in there.
    2013 Finds- 12/3

Bottle Digging
    Blob tops: 0
    Hutches: 2
    Medicines: 23
    Local Bottles: 24
    Tokens: 2, (1) Local
    1948 S Roosie Dime
    8 Spoons
    Music box part
    Axe Head
    19th Century cutting scissors
    ~
    Metal Detecting:
    Foreign: 1
    Wheats: 28
    Silver Dimes: 1
    Token: 1
    Clad: $47.53

us
    Feb 2012
    704 times
    I delivered pizzas for years in a pretty violent city. We were the only shop in the city that would deliver anywhere, so most of our runs were to the worst streets imaginable. We wouldn't close down to 2-4am, I'd be going up to doors in the middle of the night in areas of the city were murders and robberies frequently happen with a wad of cash in my pocket. Didn't carry a gun or nothing. A lot of people I worked with got robbed at one point or another. Anyways, I'll CRH anywhere, nothings as bad as that job. Glad I moved up in the world or who knows what could've happened

us
    Nov 2009
    Tri state area, USA
    Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
    73 times
    I only coin hunt at home...where its safe. Nuff said.
    2009 Find Totals (in progress):

1775 King George copper
    3 dollars (2 Presential Washington & 2 Sacagawean)
    3 Kennedy clad halves
    417 Quarters (3 silver dated '34, '48 & '63)
    423 Dimes (includes a few Mercs & silver Roseys)
    1 Buffalo (no date)
    Nickels ?
    Cents ?
    1 key

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    980 times
    silver surfing
    The scariest place that I have ever roll hunted was Walmart. Some VERY scary types in there!

us
    Aug 2011
    808 times
    ac by the show boat. Its pretty bad.
    BuffaloBoy likes this.

us
    Aug 2006
    Extreme Northern NJ
    whites classic sl,whites surfmaster
    231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverForBrains View Post
    I delivered pizzas for years in a pretty violent city. We were the only shop in the city that would deliver anywhere, so most of our runs were to the worst streets imaginable. We wouldn't close down to 2-4am, I'd be going up to doors in the middle of the night in areas of the city were murders and robberies frequently happen with a wad of cash in my pocket. Didn't carry a gun or nothing. A lot of people I worked with got robbed at one point or another. Anyways, I'll CRH anywhere, nothings as bad as that job. Glad I moved up in the world or who knows what could've happened
    Off topic but years ago, in my area, 2 pizza delivery guys were making a delivery to an abandoned house that 2 men were hanging out in. When they showed up, the 2 punks shot them both dead. They wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.
    Probably the scariest was not from location but from another customer. This guy was so irate that he was being charged to use penny arcade as a non customer, he was cursing out all the tellers, banging things around and punching the glass door on the way out. That's probably the scariest situation i've ever encountered.
    R.I.P Rich Hartford (We will miss you)

us
    Aug 2011
    Akron, OH
    Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
    31 times
    East Cleveland. All the banks out there you have to go through two sets of doors. Only one will open at a time and more often than not there is an armed guard in lobby.

us
    Feb 2012
    704 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman 2 View Post
    Off topic but years ago, in my area, 2 pizza delivery guys were making a delivery to an abandoned house that 2 men were hanging out in. When they showed up, the 2 punks shot them both dead. They wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone.
    Probably the scariest was not from location but from another customer. This guy was so irate that he was being charged to use penny arcade as a non customer, he was cursing out all the tellers, banging things around and punching the glass door on the way out. That's probably the scariest situation i've ever encountered.
    I've pulled up to addresses that had ordered pizza only to find them abandoned and bordered up and the phone line dead. Didn't get out of my car on those ones! scary stuff.

That irate guy sounds more like my usual customer I hear you on that one, it's scary to see someone in a rage, you never know what the heck they're gonna do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors