NYHunter

Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, I just wanted to say thanks and that I appreciate everyone's insight on this board. I'm brand new to CRH'ing and have only been doing it for 2 months. I live in Ocala, Florida and unfortunately the tellers at the different branches I use are also hip to CRH'ing. It's crazy! So, I've adopted an alternative method by going to mom and pop shops and asking if they have any Kennedy halves. Most are very receptive and have no problem parting with them. Obviously, the friendlier you are, the more inclined people are to help you and this rings more than true for the mom and pop shops. So far, in two months of CRH'ing at mom and pop shops, I've managed to obtain 5 Kennedy halves. One from 1964, 2 from 1967, 1 from 1968 and 1 from 1969. Wish I had more to share, but thanks again, fellas, for getting me into this amazingl addictive and fun hobby!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

NYHunter

Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many banks are in your area?

Sag, I bank with Regions and there are about 8 lcoations in my area. I've hit up about six of those locations. However, I spoke with my the Manager at my main branch, have known her for five years, really good woman; she told me that her tellers and the tellers at their other locations are constantly checking for silver. I have no reason not to believe her as I've checked for myself and I always get strange looks as if they know what I'm doing and I know what they are doing, hahaha. As others have said in here before, it's probably wise to open an account with another bank. Gotta keep rolling along. This is too much fun.

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum, NYH!

Ocala is near The Villages, right? If I were you, I'd take a day trip down there and hit all the banks in the area. High population of retirees (on fixed incomes) who may be cashing in coin they need for groceries or gas...or may just not want to deal with it anymore.

OP
OP
N

NYHunter

Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, NYH!

Ocala is near The Villages, right? If I were you, I'd take a day trip down there and hit all the banks in the area. High population of retirees (on fixed incomes) who may be cashing in coin they need for groceries or gas...or may just not want to deal with it anymore.

Excellent advice! Thanks, Ben!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome! Another Florida Hunter! I've only seen a few on here with me. Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the madness, may you have many silver finds in the future,
hh
buff

OP
OP
N

NYHunter

Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Another Florida Hunter! I've only seen a few on here with me. Maverick.

Cool! Where you from, Maverick! Let's unite and take over The Villages, hahahahaha!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool! Where you from, Maverick! Let's unite and take over The Villages, hahahahaha!

Hey NYHunter, I'm more toward the east coast not too far from Orlando (everybody seems to know that city) but not at the beach. HH, Maverick.

KenO

May 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites
Welcome to the madness...........I started three weeks ago when it was to hot to go out with the medal detector.........its addicting. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread