Oh great, anyone ever have this problem?

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just checked my account. I have been waiting forever for bag deposits.... Been 10 days or so and I get a deposit amount that is way off. Not sure which transaction it was because there is no number matching the receipts I have........ Panic is creeping in....... Wth

You know what kills me?.....the deposit is for 924.32
How in the heck do you get .32 ?? They were all haves!!!!! And it should be 993.00. !

If this doesn't get straightened out I'm done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you take some out, but add in a little pocket change? Or did your bank charge you a fee? Maybe they ran it on two separate transactions? Idk, I just dump and grab my cash and leave. Funny thing is, I can still, if im lucky, buy rolls from my dump bank, and come back and dump it back on them the same day!

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you take some out, but add in a little pocket change? Or did your bank charge you a fee? Maybe they ran it on two separate transactions? Idk, I just dump and grab my cash and leave. Funny thing is, I can still, if im lucky, buy rolls from my dump bank, and come back and dump it back on them the same day!

Not sure what happened. My last dump they gave me cash on the spot but it's different every time. I'm just went from being happy a found 2 silver dimes in a box to panic mode as I just got screwed out of 70 bucks..... :(

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like they charged you like the coin dump machines do. If you figure it out they charged you 7cents on the dollar. You got screwed.. if you didn't authorize that you should be complain politely to the manager and get the difference back.

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and the "CoinStar" machines around here charge you 9.3 cents on the dollar to count your change.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was through Wells Fargo. Does anyone do bag deposits through wells Fargo?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
It sounds like they charged you like the coin dump machines do. If you figure it out they charged you 7cents on the dollar. You got screwed.. if you didn't authorize that you should be complain politely to the manager and get the difference back.

To easy:

That does make alot since. To tired to do the math, but that seems as a good explanation. As he said, if you were not told this, demand to talk to a supervisor if the tellers do not help you.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wells charged you fees. Ask them for the treasury services fee list, its all in there. They will also charge you fees to order. This all went down in April, they are cracking down on crhers on the west coast. I posted about this a while back.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Not sure what happened. My last dump they gave me cash on the spot but it's different every time. I'm just went from being happy a found 2 silver dimes in a box to panic mode as I just got screwed out of 70 bucks..... :(

Don't forget your gas. Lesson to the new hunters: Nobody said it was a risk-free hobby. People equate it that they can't lose money. Exhibit 1.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget your gas. Lesson to the new hunters: Nobody said it was a risk-free hobby. People equate it that they can't lose money. Exhibit 1.

And time. Time is money lol. I average a little over an OZ/hour more or less before figuring in gas.

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is why it's important to spread out your dumps and dump in small quantities

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
This is one of the reasons why I don't dump with bags. I don't like the notion of sending a large amount of money away to be counted without me being present. You were most likely charged a fee but if the count was incorrect, all you can do is notify the manager and hope that they refund you.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER did i think there was no chance of losing money. I did what i did based upon the advice given on this forum.
And time. Time is money lol. I average a little over an OZ/hour more or less before figuring in gas.
its small potatoes.... the money i lost is less then what most here spend in gas AND time...unless your a tool in which case your time wouldn't be valuable..

so anyways........i called customer service this morning because there is no reference number on my statement that i can match to the bag reciepts. they were no help as they didnt have any number either. they said you will need to go to the branch where you deposited for help. I did so. they pulled out there logs and said they did not charge me a fee but this is what the machine counted. I gave them a bag of strictly half dollars and they said the count had half dollars, dimes, nickels and pennies in it!!!!!!!!!! WTH, LOL you have got to be kidding me. oh, boy. I explained to them there is ZERO chance that pennies were mixed in. I MEAN ZERO chance. she said she didnt think there was anything they could do but they took my number and said they would call me.. SO i guess from now on i need to take a picture of the bag and the teller holding it to prove what coins were inside????? im sure it will all work out if i just keep cool. but this is a little frustrating.
Anybody that actually has ADVICE or any suggestions for me that would be great. I took my last round of dumps to BOFA just because WF was a little slow so we will see if i have the same problem with them.....how does a fancy hitech coin machine count a half dollar as a penny???????????????

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, thats pretty crappy. I have dumped hundreds of bags and never encountered this problem. I have received half dollar boxes with cents, SBAs, nickles, dimes, hairpins, etc in the rolls, so the machines are not perfect by any stretch. Which courier?

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, found out that they did NOT charge me any fee. This is what they said the machine counted and there is NOTHING they can do about it.....ouch. Still going to plead my case some more tomorrow but that will be the last bag deposit i let go out of my sight...the only reason i was using the bags is because they told me too. i brang in rolls and they made me put it in the bag to send out anyway.. i will demand cash on the spot from now on, looks like i will have to break down my deposits into smaller amounts. the delay on the bag deposits were killing me anyways... i can go around and drop $200.00 increments and it will still probably be faster then waiting there crappy 7-10 WORKING DAY timeline for bag deposits.......

Man, thats pretty crappy. I have dumped hundreds of bags and never encountered this problem. I have received half dollar boxes with cents, SBAs, nickles, dimes, hairpins, etc in the rolls, so the machines are not perfect by any stretch. Which courier?
yea, cant believe this happened so soon for me, they actually shorted me 6 bucks on a previous bag but i thought maybe i screwed up somehow or something...nope its them. I believe this branch uses brinks.
Don't take a dump in a bag. Re-Roll.

thats what i was doing and they would just dump the rolls in the bag and tell me it needed to be counted. so they handed me a bunch of bags and told me to do it that way and now this...

total loss so far using bag deposits= 75 bucks..... BUT AT LEAST I DIDNT WASTE ANY GAS! :)

WAIT <WAIT ...i just had a stroke of genius! what if i bring in bags of pennies and nickels? maybe they will count them as quarters and Half dollars!!! Ill be rich! weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sucks, I feel your pain. This is what happened when the sensor is dirty and you are not standing in front of the machine. I had it happened to me once when the machine counted my full bag of halves as dollars, halves, quarters, nickels, and pennies. The good thing was that the total amount was slightly more than what I had. I just told the teller that the machine needed a service. This hobby is not risk-free, just for the benefit of new guys.

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a bank at my work that orders my halves and a coinstar in the bank that doesnt charge for customers. Am I in a lucky minority? The bank and the coinstar are not affiliated so they dont care that I dump in there. No cost for gas since I have to go to work anyway. I just take the boxes to my car at the end of the day, return them the next. I have seen the coinstar guy come take them away to who knows where.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
Last year I lost 375.00 on a machine miss count. the money was never found , it was the only time out of about 5 that I did not get my money back. The biggest loss was around $900. 00. but it was found about a week later. You are going to lose some times in this game , its just the way it is. Just keep going and you will come out ahead . Good luck and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread