Anyone with BoA deposit bags? Worried theres a fee.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Before I send off $500 of halves I'm concerned there might be a fee. Anyone with personal experence using Bank of America and deposit bags?

You should ask them before you start using the bags. I am starting to use the bags my self and each branch has a fee for using them, from 1 to 3 dollars per bag is what I have been told. I'm tired of getting rerolled and CWR's in my boxes and don't want to contribute anymore to the lazyness of the tellers sending our boxes back out to the carriers and then inturn them sending them back out to me. It seem to be more prevelant here lately that this is the practice of the banks and carriers not unwrapping anything and sending them back out, if this keeps going we will just keep getting more and more of these dump boxes. I know of one member on here who had to just give up because after a year of getting dumps he couldn't afford to do it anymore. HH, Maverick.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using BofA bags for a year... No fees, but 1-2 branches got annoyed & cut me off. Oh well, there are about 15-20 other branches that take them. It's the only way to CRH!

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went by a branch at lunch. Heres what I found out:

- Anything over $50 they make you do deposit bags
- Sometimes they will let you go a little over the $50 limit like $75 to $80s
- Everything must me rolled for that $50s with exception of $1 coins
- Deposit bags are free (clear plastic with seals)
- Coin counting send off told to be free
- However bags says Coinstar on them :o
- Bags can be brought in already sealed
- 7 to 10 days to post to your account

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
So I went by a branch at lunch. Heres what I found out:

- Anything over $50 they make you do deposit bags
- Sometimes they will let you go a little over the $50 limit like $75 to $80s
- Everything must me rolled for that $50s with exception of $1 coins
- Deposit bags are free (clear plastic with seals)
- Coin counting send off told to be free
- However bags says Coinstar on them :o
- Bags can be brought in already sealed
- 7 to 10 days to post to your account

Is this a BofA? I've never been told by any branches near me that they only accept up to $50 in rolled coin.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this a BofA? I've never been told by any branches near me that they only accept up to $50 in rolled coin.

Same here, I just got home now from dumping a 1000 in rolled halves there and been doing it for almost 11 months now, I am going to the bags here soon, but they have allready told me that it would be 3 dollars a bag to send out and be counted. It has been different at each branch though, 1 says I can fill the bag to the line with coin, another says only 500 in each bag, none have told me there is no fee though. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$50 limited if you want cash back then or deposit. Had three branches in Dallas tell me this so far.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bofa told me the same. however be advised some of my half dollars got counted as pennies and nickels!!!! lost 70 bucks, so watch out for that. this was at a diff bank though.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What banks do and dont do is heavily area dependent. In my area, wells started charging a $50/month fee for ordering coin, and a $7/bag fee for dumping. At BoA I walk in with 4 bags of halves and walk out with cash. Dont even slide my card anymore.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bofa told me the same. however be advised some of my half dollars got counted as pennies and nickels!!!! lost 70 bucks, so watch out for that. this was at a diff bank though.

Is there no appeal for this? Seems like theres alot to lose.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm appealing, should know in the next couple days.

Can you detail the process so we known how to get these issues resolved. Sounds more common than it should.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread