frequency of pickup from pickup bank

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you guys think picking up a box of halves from the same bank every week might be too often? The first time I went there, the tellers were happy to help me out. The second time I went there a couple weeks later, they weren't begrudging, but not overly excited either. When I asked to order a box for the next week, they said alright but seemed slightly put out. I am nervous I might wear out my welcome there and don't want to lose a pickup source. I might try to play it safe and only pickup from them once a month. What do you guys think?

Upvote 0

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ask them what they would prefer doing. Every bank is different. Depending on how much coin they order on a regular basis, they may or may not mind ordering on a weekly basis.

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just keep a smile and be kind to the tellers when they get your order. Talk to them get to know them ask them if you can pick up another next week and just like it's the most normal thing in the world. They will come around... Don't forget a bag of candy or some bribery tool to get in good, maybe then they will save random tray finds for you.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up from all my banks once a week and they always greet me with a smile and ask if I found anything good last week, lol.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I pick up from all my banks once a week and they always greet me with a smile and ask if I found anything good last week, lol.

Same here, and I have one bank the manager hates the Brinks guy and he hates her because she ships out vendors boxes of coins each week, so I asked her if she wanted to piss him off more and up my order each week, yup lets do it, she said, lol. Maverick.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once a week seems fine at all my banks.

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pretty good relationship with my 6 pick up banks. I pick up 2 boxes form each branch twice a week, Tuesday & Friday. I've been doing this for about 3 monthes now and it's working put great. Thinking of upping my boxes soon also.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I am very careful now. I don't push my quantities and frequency after being shut out a few places. Now I just ask what they're comfortable with so I don't wear out my welcome and bring some candy once in a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread