The official Loomis date/inspection code boxes thread

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These just showed up in my area, from multiple banks/couriers, all skunks. I thought it would be interesting to track them. I will update my total in the OP.

So far: 18 searched with date stamp and inspection code, ALL SKUNKS.

To be clear, the code looks like this (stolen pic from local coins thread)

683260d1349283623t-stamp-doom-image-1191965115.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Upwards of 10-15+ boxes with date/inspection coded Loomis boxes that were skunks. So far nothing good has come from them.
- DS

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upwards of 10-15+ boxes with date/inspection coded Loomis boxes that were skunks. So far nothing good has come from them.
- DS

Did they come in a wave and then disappear, or do they make regular appearances along with boxes without the codes?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did they come in a wave and then disappear, or do they make regular appearances along with boxes without the codes?

There were in a wave. I only did like 2 boxes a week, and then my mom got put in the hospital out of state so I haven't searched them in probably a month and a half or so, but the last 2 I got were still the same. I haven't found a silver half in a box in about 4 months. They were all stamped "APR 17 2012". I just haven't had the time to place an order and sit down and go through another box.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strage occurrences! sounds like it's starting in the south. don't let that shi* cross the mason dixon line!

last box I got with a date and inspection stamp was from Dunbar labeled July 2011 and those boxes rocked. Never gotten a new stamp. sounds like bad news. Switch to CWR, I've had so many more cool finds with them. Today I opened up a CWR nickel roll with 9 war nickels and three 39s one with full steps. you just don't find that in BWR

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All 16 of my cube boxes were skunks today. It's starting to get depressing down here, it's been WW3 for sure.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I added an image of the stamp I am talking about, stolen from local coins thread "Is this the stamp of doom?"

I am not talking about the 4 digit codes, those still produce well for me when I receive them.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
the last date stamped loomis boxes i got were stamped May 19, 2012... and they were good boxes/ averaged 4 silvers per box with decent 90%s

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew something was hinky with Loomis!

Funny, when I tell people Loomis is culling they treat me like a fool but when people post that certain marked boxes without silver are marked "inspected" everyones amazed.... :dontknow:

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, when I tell people Loomis is culling they treat me like a fool but when people post that certain marked boxes without silver are marked "inspected" everyones amazed.... :dontknow:

This thread is not about culling, it is about results from boxes with the style of stamp depicted in the OP.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's funny to me is you are calling them Loomis Boxes, but I would call them a Strings Box. My Loomis boxes actually say Loomis on the wrapper and they are solid boxes with no holes to verify how many rolls in each box. I get Loomis boxes delivered by Garda?

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's funny to me is you are calling them Loomis Boxes, but I would call them a Strings Box. My Loomis boxes actually say Loomis on the wrapper and they are solid boxes with no holes to verify how many rolls in each box. I get Loomis boxes delivered by Garda?

Lets call them flat boxes, shall we? In my area loomis delivers flat and cube boxes, and garda delivers boxes from the same source as loomis. Calling the flat boxes "loomis" boxes seems to fit with the board nomenclature.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets call them flat boxes, shall we? In my area loomis delivers flat and cube boxes, and garda delivers boxes from the same source as loomis. Calling the flat boxes "loomis" boxes seems to fit with the board nomenclature.

I call 'em Loomis too. All the different banks in my area are serviced by Loomis, so those are the only boxes I know. I've never seen a cube box.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is not about culling, it is about results from boxes with the style of stamp depicted in the OP.

What Im pointing out is theres a likely connection between the stamps and boxes that may have been boxed before on a shelf, rechecked through a comparitor or hand inspected, then reboxed and stamped. That is very much on topic.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone else get flat boxes (just like Strings) but with no holes, and the wrappers actually say "Loomis"? The boxes are indestructable not like the Strings boxes which always fall apart. Also the rolls are crimped so tight they are difficult to open with your finger nail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions