Filing a complaint with the CFPB gets your US BANK account Terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about a month ago with issues I ran into at a US Bank branch. After about a month, I finally was contacted and this is what I was told:

2.png 3.png
1.png

This is what I wrote to the CFPB:
(I left some out for Privacy Reasons)
sent.png

So for filing a complaint about being charged for money, I get my account suspended. Also an FYI, I did return coins there after they started to charge me, but did not dump when I was having them as a pickup bank. Also the mention of $300 4 -6 times a month is completely false as I do not travel there that often in a month. Also asking if the box was brand new coins and trading in for others that weren't brand new is true, however the teller had told me in advance they were new and I asked if I could get circulated and if they didn't have them that was fine. The bank obviously knew what was going on, and only than did I decide to dump on them after being charged $.15 a roll for Cents or nickels (before I started halves).

I had my Father talk to a Branch Manager he knows well and she is going to get back to him. From what she describes it is very unlikely my account could be prevented from being terminated, even if I did not use them for coins. I have not been to this bank branch since August, and just now they are choosing to do this. I have been cashing in amounts of coins, once or twice a week, at a different branch under my account and expierenced no issues.

Currently awaiting response from the Branch Manager regarding this. I will still use US Bank as my Dump bank as my Father is an account holder and the bank I cash in at takes dumps from another CRHer too.

This is what America is coming to. We bail the banks out yet they can't trade paper for coins. I plan to take $1000.00 (YES ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS) of Brand new 2012 Pennies to this branch directly to the teller who started all of this, and pay my $1 fee and show her my appreciation.

Upvote 0

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
the problem with the bank you are at is that they are not required to give a reason. So they think they can do anything they want. I would have any family member that has a account left change banks. Because as with your father, they will penalize them for whatever they think you did wrong. Check out your local credit unions, because at credit unions you technically own a peice of the business not the fat cats upstairs.

For me my problem is that the only financial institute that has a coin counter is my credit union. Luckily I found a source bank to get my halves from other than my credit union. Bad news is that the counter doesn't take halves, so I will have to re-wrap them and spread out the wealth to other businesses.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virgil said:
Can we all agree that this is unwarranted, at least? I want to give Mr. Schulz the benefit of the doubt here...

Yea that pretty rough closing your dads account like that. Is he mad at you? I guess he won't be helping you CRH in the future lol. I can't imagine getting my dada bank account closed when I was a kid. Lmao he would have beat my arse!

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea that pretty rough closing your dads account like that. Is he mad at you? I guess he won't be helping you CRH in the future lol. I can't imagine getting my dada bank account closed when I was a kid. Lmao he would have beat my arse!

Well, hopefully he'll direct his anger in the right direction. I hope so, Mr. Schulz, for your sake...

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Contacted new Bank. Opening account tomorrow at 9am. Picking up $350 in cents tomorrow at my pickup bank searching them over the next few days, than getting more when they get more bags, and once I get about $500 I will be visiting the branch that caused me this trouble.

clad or sad

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2011
Just curious...what does writing and complaining do except give unwanted exposure to an already fragile hobby. Don't respond, just think about it. There is a reason banks control almost everything, they are not stupid, especially bank leadership.

clad or sad

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2011
And to pound the nail down further, if I'm the individual entertaining this complaint from US Bank leadership, I would have filed the "you know what form" on you and your father, just to drive the point home deeper. Don't mess with a powerful entity when you are a crumb.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And to pound the nail down further, if I'm the individual entertaining this complaint from US Bank leadership, I would have filed the "you know what form" on you and your father, just to drive the point home deeper. Don't mess with a powerful entity when you are a crumb.

You know what form?

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your father is going to take care of this for you. If you would have followed the rules you wouldn't be in this situation.
Not being mean or rude, merely stating my observations.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have, the less crap you have to eat.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contacted new Bank. Opening account tomorrow at 9am. Picking up $350 in cents tomorrow at my pickup bank searching them over the next few days, than getting more when they get more bags, and once I get about $500 I will be visiting the branch that caused me this trouble.

I wouldn't do that unless you have money for bail.....

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't do that unless you have money for bail.....

My account is still open until November 16th. I can cash in any amount of coin for $1 so I will do that service.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
UPDATE:
My father informed me he planned to switch banks due to other issues (not being mentioned here). He said this wasn't too big of a deal because his morgtage isn't out of that bank (I though it was) but all is good now.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Besides, you live in a very small town. It would be embarrassing to pay for your bail in cents.

The bank I had issues with is not in my town. I am an account holder to use there services so I will, with pleasure, use there services and work with my "Favorite Teller" because US Bank has such great service.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool dude.

I understand that some of the stuff you said was just trying to blow off some steam. Just focus your energies on moving forward and don't look back and take this for what it was, just a small life lesson.

Now go blow off some steam searching the crap out of those cents.

Good luck.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's cool dude.

I understand that some of the stuff you said was just trying to blow off some steam. Just focus your energies on moving forward and don't look back and take this for what it was, just a small life lesson.

Now go blow off some steam searching the crap out of those cents.

Good luck.

I plan to. I have my girl coming tomorrow, maybe i'll teach her what to look for.. going through 35,000 pennies..

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is America, please point out where in our Constitution or our Bill of Rights where it says our banks are required to give hobbies free or discounted service so people can coin roll hunt just because they have a personal account at the bank

Banks are a regulated industry. There are absolutely things they can do, can't do, and must do. Some are because of the Constitution, most are IN SPITE OF the Constitution.

They can set fees and they can refuse or close deposit accounts for no reason. They are allowed to be competitive or not - their choice.

You (OP) are somewhat lucky. You know why they "dumped" you. When that certain someone tells them to close your accounts, they are forbidden by law to tell you why they did it. Google "bank closed my account for no reason" or "bank won't tell me why they closed my account" or "can a bank close your account for no reason." Notice how once you start typing the search, it auto completes. It happens to people all the time - to people who make such a fuss about about it and publicize it so much, it is apparent that they are not a threat to the security of their home land. They wouldn't try to draw more attention to themselves if they were the nefarious outlaws they are suspected of being. The banks are not allowed to tell why they did it because if they did, it would divulge the "suspicious activity" that triggers the ever watchful eye to wield its never ending muscle. If that trigger became known, the no-goods could change their behavior just enough to not be noticed.

I guess so long as it makes someone, somewhere feel safer, what's the harm in impeding a law-abider's ability to get paid or pay his/her bills? It's worth it right? To feel safer... So that the bad guys can't have money... It's worth it. Right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ban...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
https://www.google.com/search?q=ban...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
https://www.google.com/search?q=can...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread