Filing a complaint with the CFPB gets your US BANK account Terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau about a month ago with issues I ran into at a US Bank branch. After about a month, I finally was contacted and this is what I was told:

2.png 3.png
1.png

This is what I wrote to the CFPB:
(I left some out for Privacy Reasons)
sent.png

So for filing a complaint about being charged for money, I get my account suspended. Also an FYI, I did return coins there after they started to charge me, but did not dump when I was having them as a pickup bank. Also the mention of $300 4 -6 times a month is completely false as I do not travel there that often in a month. Also asking if the box was brand new coins and trading in for others that weren't brand new is true, however the teller had told me in advance they were new and I asked if I could get circulated and if they didn't have them that was fine. The bank obviously knew what was going on, and only than did I decide to dump on them after being charged $.15 a roll for Cents or nickels (before I started halves).

I had my Father talk to a Branch Manager he knows well and she is going to get back to him. From what she describes it is very unlikely my account could be prevented from being terminated, even if I did not use them for coins. I have not been to this bank branch since August, and just now they are choosing to do this. I have been cashing in amounts of coins, once or twice a week, at a different branch under my account and expierenced no issues.

Currently awaiting response from the Branch Manager regarding this. I will still use US Bank as my Dump bank as my Father is an account holder and the bank I cash in at takes dumps from another CRHer too.

This is what America is coming to. We bail the banks out yet they can't trade paper for coins. I plan to take $1000.00 (YES ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS) of Brand new 2012 Pennies to this branch directly to the teller who started all of this, and pay my $1 fee and show her my appreciation.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Also an FYI to anyone wishing to go on US Bank, there so called 5 star service is a complete lie. I've moved to a new bank. Asked about coins, and they said a guy buys 4 boxes of halves a week so I have another crher in my area.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You mean crying about losing a bank account over penny boxes ISN'T cool?

Your point? Buying boxes of cents along with my nickels and halves is wrong? I'll be sure to ask your permission before I buy any boxes of coins since your the almighty.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oy vey, can we stop, children?

I'm not arguing. I don't argue with internet trolls having no lives but sitting on the computer. (Not insulting any certain members, moderators)

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not arguing. I don't argue with internet trolls having no lives but sitting on the computer. (Not insulting any certain members, moderators)

Uh... yeah, you are arguing, and passive-aggressively at that. Best way to end an argument is not to participate. Be the better man.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Uh... yeah, you are arguing, and passive-aggressively at that. Best way to end an argument is not to participate. Be the better man.

Sounds good. I'll let him be the child. I'll be searching my boxes of halves and nickels.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let him be the child.

Technically, you are a child.

And I'm not "the almighty."
US Bank is, and they don't care for your childish antics.

And yes, you shouldn't be arguing with me on here.
It is taking away from your complaint letter writing time.

HAPPY HUNTING!!

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Technically, you are a child.

And I'm not "the almighty."
US Bank is, and they don't care for your childish antics.

And yes, you shouldn't be arguing with me on here.
It is taking away from your complaint letter writing time.

HAPPY HUNTING!!

Go have fun with your clad rolls. I'll be pulling solid rolls and swimming in silver.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big flaw here is you made a stink.

When I've gotten a bad vibe from a bank, it became either a dump bank or I avoided it entirely.

Tread lightly, because the bank doesn't have to provide the coin service for you.

The "It's my money and I deserve to get it in any form I wish" argument won't work if you're continually changing it in and out.

That kind of attitude shuts that bank down quick, and if it becomes a difficult situation across the board, it will become a district/corporate policy.

Your life and personal property is not affected by this situation, so it is best to not rock the boat.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go have fun with your clad rolls. I'll be pulling solid rolls and swimming in silver.

WOW, really??
That is the BEST you can do??

Pretty sure the only swimming you'll be doing is in the river your tears are making.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
In this hobby, it is imperative that one "flies below the radar" at ALL times...whether you are picking up or dumping. Discretion, kindness, appreciation, and grace are all attributes that a CRH'er must possess and then communicate to the tellers and bank managers at the appropriate time (which is as often as possible).

As others have said, just go and open up a new account at another bank and go from there. Use this as a learning experience. The rug could be pulled out from under us at any times by the banks. I don't like it either, but we owe it to ourselves and to other CRH'ers to do all we can to not make waves in order to keep this a viable (and low/no cost) hobby as long as possible.

I would advise you to put this behind you and get one to more hunting somewhere else :)

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In this hobby, it is imperative that one "flies below the radar" at ALL times...whether you are picking up or dumping. Discretion, kindness, appreciation, and grace are all attributes that a CRH'er must possess and then communicate to the tellers and bank managers at the appropriate time (which is as often as possible).

As others have said, just go and open up a new account at another bank and go from there. Use this as a learning experience. The rug could be pulled out from under us at any times by the banks. I don't like it either, but we owe it to ourselves and to other CRH'ers to do all we can to not make waves in order to keep this a viable (and low/no cost) hobby as long as possible.

I would advise you to put this behind you and get one to more hunting somewhere else :)

I have opened a new account. US Bank is behind me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread