Did Chase bank get the memo?

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I enjoy reading this forum. I do not order boxes but sometimes stop at banks for half CWRs and teller tray finds. So most of the time the clerks are super nice. However for the past couple weeks I've noticed that when I ask at Chase banks I get a sour look and an immediate 'no'? They do not say they will check or say they usually don't have them, they just say no.

To test my hypothesis, I went to 3 Chase banks and the same thing happened every time.

Has anyone else had this experience? Another reason to dislike Chase and banking overlord Jamie Dimon?

Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah don't bother with em, just move on to somewhere that is friendly and helpful. Local banks are pretty good to me.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear what you are saying about local banks but 1 month ago the same chase branches that are now telling me no were telling me yes. Did something change?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could just be that another CRH with a Chase account was making rounds around town and rubbing the tellers the wrong way. One person ruins it for all in this hobby, they lump us all together.

Or who knows? you know how people work. All it takes is one teller to start complaining about the dimes or whatever she had to get from the vault, and all of a sudden it gets everyone thinking about the one or two annoying occurrences they've had and by the end of the conversation they've all reinforced this idea and now all of a sudden hate CRHers. People in groups are like a snowball rolling down a hill. Who knows, maybe this happened at the local Chase Halloween or Thanksgiving party hence the trend at all branches around town!

Last edited:

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I enjoy reading this forum. I do not order boxes but sometimes stop at banks for half CWRs and teller tray finds. So most of the time the clerks are super nice. However for the past couple weeks I've noticed that when I ask at Chase banks I get a sour look and an immediate 'no'? They do not say they will check or say they usually don't have them, they just say no.

To test my hypothesis, I went to 3 Chase banks and the same thing happened every time.

Has anyone else had this experience? Another reason to dislike Chase and banking overlord Jamie Dimon?

I use Chase all the time and have never had an issue with any of the branches. They order me boxes, "sell" me CWR or loose coins all the time. Now some of the branches seem to never have halves while others get them in regularly. I figure someone who banks at those branches regularly is beating me to the punch. If you stopped in at my regular branch you would never get a halves or almost never get a halve at that branch.

I would bet that someone might be beating you to the coins. It has been my experience that most tellers generally do not like to hold on to halves just to have them in their tray.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made friends with a lady teller at a Chase bank. We hit it off as she is a "Paper" girl and loves old currency. Gave her my phone number
in case somebody drops off some half dollars. Two weeks later <ring> <ring>, it was my teller friend. "We have 80 dollars in half dollars that
an older gentlemen just dropped off, do you want me to hold them?". Yup, be right there.

Got there and they were all loose and not rolled, there was only 56.00 of the 80 dollars left. Musta have been a ton of sillver in those rolls.

I won't go back to chase, she said that they come in that way and I pretty much called her bluff when I reminded her that she specifically said
"80.00 dollars in half dollars" and there was only $56.00 when I got there.

Chase is just another bank to not stop at, isn't worth my time.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet there is another CRH'r in your area that is doing annoying crap like dropping off a ton of coins at peak busy hours and being rude. I only use Chase for dumping because the tellers always act like everything is such a chore when coins are involved. I have many Chase banks near my home.
Of course it also depends on the actual teller. Today there was one younger girl teller that was very excited to see all the halves. She even bought $30 worth for herself. The other tellers were older and they just looked annoyed by the whole situation. It sucks to say, but I bet the nice young teller will soon change her mind when some idiot comes in with $5k worth of halves to dump.

Last edited:

jamin_03

Jul 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washinton
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had problems with Chase. They're really nice to me and that's where I get most of coins.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never had issues with Chase either....But I also go in there telling the story of how my "Kids" are avid collectors, and They love filling up their books...So they never give me greif. IN fact sometimes they let me go thru the rolls/coins they have to see if the "Kids" already have them :)

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had great experiences with Chase. I have a Chase CC but no account. They order for me anyway... As much as I want. When I ask for CWR, if they don't have them they almost always offer to order me some, not even knowing if I'm a customer or not. Some of my best finds (including 3 solid rolls of Walkers/Bens/Ken 90s) came from Chase.

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
feel very lucky here. My chase tellers save me bags of foreign coins which I sell, as well as put silver aside for me. I buy them donuts from time to time.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Most banks I go to are pretty cool. There is no pattern I can figure out when some are not except when I ask why things have changed it is usually greedy collectors and not lazy tellers. I have a good relationship at many banks and have learned a lot by listening to the sane posters on this forum, listening to the tellers and using common sense.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chase is great. I do not use them as a main dump bank though, only time to time in the drive ups. They happily order for me.

The OP is in a heavily hunted area. Probably the reason for the sour faces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread