Back to normal this week with two boxes of halves...

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking the same thing myself, my dime boxes are well above average and my halves have been sucking!

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Two boxes times about ten weeks.... Best was six 40s... Most were skunks... Just giving it a break future a while.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Two boxes is a crap sample size.

Best run I had was 3 in one box, and that was 5 months ago. We live about 5 hours apart, so the whole area is bone dry. I feel your pain, man.

Plus, I've NEVER found a 90%er in a box. Or loose, for that matter.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ehh, if I had the resources and I was having bad luck, I'd try jumping it to 10 boxes in a week to kickstart things, then drop my volume back down to see what comes of it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Whenever your supply seems to run dry, you have to mix it up. Change the volume or change the day. As creatures of habit, it is tough to break. If you have a habit of picking up on Weds, there might be a hunter in your area that has a habit of dumping on Mon. Perhaps picking up on Monday or Friday is better? Sometimes taking a break will help.

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
All good advice. I'm not quitting.... Just taking a break from half boxes for a while. I've had much better luck with CWR here for halves. I don't think I can dump ten boxes a week.... That's a ton of halves....

Thanks for the ideas. I'll keep after the hunt!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am having dismal results my self here the last 3 weeks, I've searched 30+ boxes and I believe only 4 of them have givin up my silver finds latley. This week I've searched 10 boxes so far only to get 1 65 and 2 more Magicians coins and 1 87, these Skunk Wraps are definetly living up to their name but, I can't bring my self to take a break, usually when it gets this bad something will show up in my boxes. HH, Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am on a skunk streak...

Finally found a bank to order me halves, I have gone through 3 boxes so far, and nothing yet... They have another box ready for me today, maybe ill get something...

The halves I get are from HF Strings and sons, which I thought I heard was a good place to get them from... oh well

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
String and Sons only supplies wrapping material, not coin. They are wrapped and shipped by another company.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah silver ratio is higher if you can get CWR, but getting them is a challenge too..Yesterday I went into a bank and the teller said its my lucky day, some guy dropped off a bunch of Ike's..i bought 41 dollars, all skunks..There's still more going to go back and get the rest!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread