Sniper Teller Payback

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At my local credit union the lead teller is a major sniper. She even has a big picture in her station of the AG she has swiped. I figured if i ordered halves I would be safe. Well when they arrived, I ran by to pick up my box. Jane grabs the box and then says that she will have to count to verify it is correct, this is her policy on halves. ??? I thought that she would just count the rolls but NO, Jane opens them! After three rolls a sweet '64 pops up. She grabs it and replaces with a clad. I had enough and left without the box.

I am a firm believer in Karma so here is what happened.... I saved up $230 in '71's, rewrapped in OLD wrappers and wrote SIL on all of them. :laughing7: Had my dad bring them in to her and deposit into my account. She told him "I would love to deposit any other halves you have, please bring them by." You ask and you shall receive! I followed shortly after and deposited 4k of rewrapped 10 min before her lunch break. Made her count it all (since this was HER policy with halves) while eating a huge sandwich that I happened to have in bag.....HH to all.

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL... Wow man.. You definitely got her back alright..

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has to be one of the best stories I have heard in a long time. Other than stealing from you, she had no reason to "count" an unopened box. The bank paid the delivery company based on how much they said was in the box, and you were willing to buy the box on the same say so of the delivery company. I might have actually marched to a branch manager and told the manager that they had a teller stealing from a customer.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's unbelievable!!! I thought I had been badly sniped today when a teller wouldn't give me a handful of 64's because they were "dirty." Taking them right out of the box is basically stealing from you right in front of your face. I would tell her right to her face that what she is doing is wrong, to give me that 64 and my box, and that I'm never coming back again. Then the next day I would pull the exact same prank you did :headbang: way to go!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
At my local credit union the lead teller is a major sniper. She even has a big picture in her station of the AG she has swiped. I figured if i ordered halves I would be safe. Well when they arrived, I ran by to pick up my box. Jane grabs the box and then says that she will have to count to verify it is correct, this is her policy on halves. ??? I thought that she would just count the rolls but NO, Jane opens them! After three rolls a sweet '64 pops up. She grabs it and replaces with a clad. I had enough and left without the box.

Not giving you what's in her tray is one thing, but this is too much! I'm not big on getting the tellers in trouble, but I would have raised all kinds of hell with her branch manager. Ask him if it's credit union policy for the teller to make the customer wait while she counts out FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS in halves, when they're already in rolls! Chances are that broad would be given a severe dressing down, at best.

That being said, I'd say your reaction was the second best response. I'd be repeating that trick once a week till she cries Uncle. If she tries to cut you off dumping by citing policy, THEN I'd bring in the manager and explain exactly why you've been doing this.

My compliments on your very restrained and measured response! :icon_salut:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
YOU DID NOT GO FAR ENOUGH HOMIE, THIS DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR WHAT SHE DID! You gotta follow her home, find where she keeps them halves, and do exactly what she did; swap the silver ones with clad. She how she likes a taste of her own medicine.

I'd have went crazy, if she replaced the silver with a clad right infront of my eyes. I'd of got on my cell phone, and asked to speak with customer service for the FCU, and tell them what happened, and how she wasted my time, and replaced one of my coin's with another one of her's. Tell them that she not only shorted you, but you believe she put counterfeit money in. I'd have even called the FBI counterfeit hotline, and they would have went over surveillance and confirmed that she was swapping coins, and although there may not have been a counterfeit, what she was doing was clearly fowl-play and would have never been allowed to work in a banking workplace her entire life again.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Simply... wow. Opening rolls and sniping Ag to your face... sure you weren't on Punk'd ...?
I have a vault teller that will present me with an open box of halves... thought she may be looking for enders ... when I asked her about it she said it was to make sure all the rolls were there. I suggested she use the holes in the bottom but she ignored me. I felt weird about it but then saw her do the same thing when a guy picked up a box of cents. I figure she just has a weird sense of accountability ...

Wonder if she opens all the rolls and counts if you pick up dimes...?

Last edited:

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have got to be kidding me LOL, i would have felt so heated in my face that I would have snapped off too! Thats just crazy how blatant and soooooo wrong!!! Sorry to say but what a wretched biatch!

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Next time do this: paint rims silver and stick some in couple rolls when you exchange for cash or deposit. I would ask someone else to deposit, though.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Simply... wow. Opening rolls and sniping Ag to your face... sure you weren't on Punk'd ...?
I have a vault teller that will present me with an open box of halves... thought she may be looking for enders ... when I asked her about it she said it was to make sure all the rolls were there. I suggested she use the holes in the bottom but she ignored me. I felt weird about it but then saw her do the same thing when a guy picked up a box of cents. I figure she just has a weird sense of accountability ...

Wonder if she opens all the rolls and counts if you pick up dimes...?

One of my banks use to take the box and open it in front of me to make sure all the rolls were in it too, never tried opening the rolls, I even had a box once a long time back that she opened and it had a walker ender right on top, she didn't even notice or care it was there, I sure saw it though and couldn't wait to get home and search it, lol. If they would have tried to open a roll up, I would have stopped her right on the spot and NO! All the rolls are there, thats good enough. Maverick.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You can get her in serious trouble. There is absolutely no reason to open rolls from Guarda, Loomis, Dunbar etc etc. I am all for not pushing your luck with this hobby and understanding that sometimes things will not go your way, but this is absolutely not one of those times, here you raise hell. I do not order a box of sealed rolls just to have some idiot open them up and have be deal with 1k loose coins. What if I am a business owner? Am supposed to just have a pile of a few thousand coins laying in my safe, uhh no...

If I was you I would talk to management ASAP and take huge dumps on that teller over and over. I mean HUGE, like you crushed a 12-pack of Natural Light and then went to Taco Bell for some crunchy tacos and beefy potato burritos. Do this especially if you can stand to burn a bridge with that branch, but you bring up what happened to you to mgmt, you might have a much longer leash to do whatever you want.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I quite simply would have said "count the number of halves within the box all you like , however any and all silver contenting coins wthin that box are mine -- since I ordered them expressly to "yeild" any silver within the box for my private fiscal gain -- so do not remove or "exchange" any of "my silver coins" from the box I ordered for me --if the count on the box is short you may add coins of course or if its over you may remove clad coins of course to even the count fiscally speaking -- however you are not to "target" and remove any silver containing coins within my box that I expressly ordered for that purpose , since they are mine -- by the way I concider you deverting and taking "my silver coins" out of the box I ordered for your own personal gain as fiscal theft from me and will treat it according and report it , if you do it are we clear? --

P.S. since its her "policy" to count all halves , your just before her lunch break dump of halves -- 4.000 coins worth of 100% solid clad dump was a fitting payback.

ps all the local tellers know that I love "dirty" halves --tarnished silver give em all you got --dirty my butt , thats money in da bank--cha ching--

to let her do a "half dollar" silver for clad swap out oif the box you ordered with you standing right there in front of you with out you saying -- UH PUT MY SILVER COIN BACK was your first mistake * -- she tried you and you let her get away with it * --I would have called her out on it right then and there "on the spot" -- I would have said * I expressly ordered that box to yeild any silver containing coins that might be in it for my personal fiscal gain , and while you have the right to check the count to see that it is correct -- that does not give you the right to silver "snipe" my box and exchange my silver coins with your clad ones - with you keeping my silver coins culled out of MY BOX I ORDRED for your personal profeit * ( your not "ripping me off" by removing the silver coins in the box I ordered and replacing them with clad , and keep the silver coins for your personal gain --its theft by convertion ( taking my valuible stuff and "making" it yours by swapping it out for worthless stuff ) its both illegal and wrong plain and simple ) -- and if you got a problem with understanding this fact , we can talk with the manager about it.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If I was you I would talk to management ASAP and take huge dumps on that teller over and over. I mean HUGE, like you crushed a 12-pack of Natural Light and then went to Taco Bell for some crunchy tacos and beefy potato burritos. QUOTE]

LMAO! I love how you described that Sack, I can remember those nights from my youth, lol. HH Maverick.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I quite simply would have said "count the number of halves within the box all you like , however any and all silver contenting coins wthin that box are mine -- since I ordered them expressly to "yeild" any silver within the box for my private fiscal gain -- so do not remove or "exchange" any of "my silver coins" from the box I ordered for me --if the count on the box is short you may add coins of course or if its over you may remove clad coins of course to even the count fiscally speaking -- however you are not to "target" and remove any silver containing coins within my box that I expressly ordered for that purpose , since they are mine -- by the way I concider you deverting and taking "my silver coins" out of the box I ordered for your own personal gain as fiscal theft from me and will treat it according and report it , if you do it are we clear? --

Doesn't seem all that simple or clear to me... :laughing7:

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
order some boxes of pennies but tell her you want to be SURE they are accurately counted (-:

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Over/under, sealed rolls are sealed rolls, her policy is clearly her CRHing on your time and dime. That is unacceptable.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i say go to the manager and complain about her. if you can not get the manager go higher up on the food chain. was it a closed box? if it was there has to be some rule that says they can not open it up. why didn't she count the coins before the box was brought out? if it was a sealed box all she had to do was count the rolls and not the individual coins. i would file a complaint on her. who cares if she is the lead teller what she did is wrong and she should have to follow the same rules as everybody else.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other thing I can't believe about this story is the fact that she took time, with you standing at her window, and other customers coming through the bank to CRH your box. That took how long that she should have been helping other customers? I might have actually turned around to customers and told them that I was sorry for this teller taking all this time so that she could steal from me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread