Already been searched.

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at a small town bank today on a road trip for work.

Head teller said they had $180 in the vault. As she was getting them the teller I was talking too said they had been already searched.

I took them anyway. Must not have done a very good job searching them.

34 40 percenters with one solid roll and a 2004 and 2003 for the book.

HH, Foo

2012-12-10_22-04-08_859.jpg

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha... I have had many tellers tell me the same thing and I still find silvers in the rolls.. Just goes to show, you always buy them..

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol
Nice story dude. Over 10 times what the average person finds in an entire BOX; if they find anything at all.
Great score!!!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
My second box that I got today I know was searched. All I got was one dateless buffalo, no coins pre-1960's, and the ends were messily rerolled up, made to look like they weren't searched. Bummer.

-Garoulady

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I alway take the halves regardless of what the teller may say.

Accept for when they pull out say an open Loomis box full of rolls that have been opened and then re-used. I am going out on a limb but I do not see it worth my time to search a box like that. Yes someone might miss something but 99 times out of a 100 those boxs will be skunks.
Nice find!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I alway take the halves regardless of what the teller may say.

Accept for when they pull out say an open Loomis box full of rolls that have been opened and then re-used. I am going out on a limb but I do not see it worth my time to search a box like that. Yes someone might miss something but 99 times out of a 100 those boxs will be skunks.
Nice find!

Take those too, and just dump them.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take those too, and just dump them.

I would prefer to use the $500 on coins that have more likelihood of producing. With $500 I can clear out a good number of banks loose, CWR and random MWR and have a much higher chance of finding something.

I unfortunately do not have unlimited funds so buying a CRH's certain dump just so I can dump it is not high on my list.

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
It's because the 40% aren't worth their effort.

Really?? If a 40% Kennedy isn't worth it's effort than neither should be dimes OR nickels. Ill tell you what, next time you come across some 40%'s I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands.

Please explain your reasoning behind that. You have my attention...

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really?? If a 40% Kennedy isn't worth it's effort than neither should be dimes OR nickels. Ill tell you what, next time you come across some 40%'s I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands.

Please explain your reasoning behind that. You have my attention...

I think what he was probably referring to is that up until a few years ago silver wasn't as high as it is now. Back then, it was thought to only be worth the effort to keep the 90%ers. A lot of the "old" CRHers and bank tellers still think this way. Either because they don't realize the price of silver, or they just don't care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread