Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Repeat Question, I'm sure.....Sorry!

Hello everyone! Haven't posted in quite awhile. I have been searching on the site for posts I KNOW I have seen before regarding scales but I couldn't find them. I'm so very sorry I have to ask this question again, but I need suggestions or links for scales that you have used personally that you would recommend to weigh boxes & rolls of coins. The cheaper the better but of course we want something accurate as well. Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas & if I don't speak to you again before then, have a very Happy New Year!! :)

Upvote 0

skydog

Mar 16, 2011
I use one like this but 50# cap. It has a tare button, and kg/lbs. button. Mine is powered by AC so no batteries to worry about. It's pretty accurate and best of all I picked it up at a yard sale for $5.00!
Weighmax 25 Lb USB Scale

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome back Mrs. CRH. This has been discussed before that weighing rolls is a waste of time. There can be worn coins or a short roll affecting the weight.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Welcome back Mrs. CRH. This has been discussed before that weighing rolls is a waste of time. There can be worn coins or a short roll affecting the weight.

Quite true. However, a gram scale can be useful for weighing individual coins. I picked one up on Ebay for about $10.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions