The Official Rude Teller Thread: Share your stories here

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've hunted long enough, you've experienced your share of rude tellers and their baloney.

Teller: "Do you have an account with us?, "We can't order half dollars", "Coins are for business customers only", "We forgot to order your coins", ::klinks silver behind the counter::, "You can not keep using our coin machines, it is impacting our ability to do normal bank transactions", "We can't accept half dollars", ::ignores you when the coin counter is full and you need assistance::...

While, sure; there are plenty of awesome and thoughtful tellers out there, THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THEM. If this thread was a song, it would be a blues song, so please... tell us your Rude Teller Blues...

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All tellers are great and I appreciate every Teller I have talked to, especially the ones that read posts on Tnet... Hook a brother up!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like tellers "forget" my orders every week and I have only really had problems with a few at certain branches. Even then, if you kill them with kindness, they normally begin to feel guilty for being rude to you.. When they start to warm up, drop a box of cupcakes on em and they become like silver in your hands :)

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
You consider them asking if you have an account with their bank to be rude? They are doing you a service, one that is costing the bank small amounts of money, and asking if you are a customer in order to know if they are going to recoup those losses with hopefully an account where they make something on you or if you are sponging off of them without an account, and therefore they can't spend bank money to fund your hobby without hope of recouping that money. Nope, not a rude statement in my eyes. they are a business after all, and if you are not a customer, I think they hvae a right to not order for you. Personal opinion. (And why I have accounts at Midfirst, Chase, BoA, Wells Fargo and 1stbank.)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Teller " I'm tired of having to turn your boxes right side out before I send them back, stop doing that and bring them in the right way for now on!" Me, " Nope, not gonna happen! I'm not advertising to the public what I'm walking in here with!" Now I am just wrapping the boxes with duct tape to cover the numbers on the outside. She can bag them up like my other branches do.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was returning dimes and quarters one time, and I was standing there for like 15 minutes while the lady counted them all up into the trays and taped the ends of the loose ones, checked them for consistency etc., and then, only then when she's all done, asks "do you have an account?" I said yes, she said swipe your card so I did. She then tells me "you don't have an account here." the backstory is that I had a credit card with this bank for years, with debit and checking. I moved to a state that didn't have as many of this type of bank, so I stopped using them pretty much and eventually they closed my checking and savings for inactivity, but not my credit card of course since I had a balance and they were charging 27% apr. Anyways, I started to get real mad, first of all that she waited until after counting to ask me, and secondly, how the heck am I not a customer when I dish out big bucks on my insane interest credit card every month? I started to go into "you mean to tell me your bank doesn't consider me a customer!" blah blah blah. she wasn't budging! finally a manager came over and said "just let him return the coins." I mean for the love of god, it was only like $200 worth of rolled quarters and dimes

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last Saturday, I went into the branch where I had opened my account in, and they have always been nice and accommodating. I had only exchanged halves ONCE in this location, and I admit it was a slightly larger than normal amount that time but they didn't even bat an eye. So now it was 2 weeks later, and I brought in half as much as the first time and a (different) teller tells me, "oh, I didn't realize they were half dollars. Let him explain it to you".

Then a different lead teller / assistant manager says, "The coin center is not accepting half dollars from our location anymore. They're full". I said, "I don't understand, they're full so they won't accept half dollars from anyone anymore"? They she says (the rude part), "You're so-and-so, right? It's just that they won't accept from OUR location". Followed by silence, implying that I could go to other branches and exchange them there. Since then I have been to a few branches and they have done acct. inquiries on me so I'm not cut off from dumping, it's only that one branch that I thought was friendly - turns out they're only courteous. They'll courteously cut you off. Lol

The vault teller is still nice and is going to try to get me Ikes every week from their central money center.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the bank yesterday in the rain. I walked in and asked the teller if she had any halfs, she said yes and gave me 4.50 worth.She then said "no good ones here, was it worth getting wet?" I then told her yes. It is always worth getting wet and walked out.I have yet to find teller tray finds at this bank but do pretty good at the CWR brought in.I like piece of mind knowing there is not silver verses not knowing if there is or not.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a thread a while back about a sniper teller unwrapping my SEALED ORDERED box and switching an AG with clad in front of me. Her policy was to "count" all the coins. This was my final farewell to her. Count this dump lady! FYI 5 rolls of packaging tape was used.
snipa.JPG

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a thread a while back about a sniper teller unwrapping my SEALED ORDERED box and switching an AG with clad in front of me. Her policy was to "count" all the coins. This was my final farewell to her. Count this dump lady! FYI 5 rolls of packaging tape was used.
View attachment 726155

LOL way to go man! she has my vote for worst teller of all time. nice idea on the Saw character!

unroller

Dec 28, 2012
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At a bank branch I had never dumped at before (but have an account), a teller counted in slow motion all 100 rolls in my two boxes out loud. She counted 1..........2..........3...........4. I kept a smile until another teller walked by and asked 'do you need any help', teller counting said 'yes, do you have a gun?'. My jaw dropped...other teller's jaws dropped. I asked 'are you saying you would like to shoot me?'. She replied, 'don't push me'. Call to HQ followed.

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I validated my account with my main bank and was just trying to get a box of nickels and pennies. Small little thing but was just getting grilled about do I have a business account why do I need them blah blah blah. I had been totally nice up to then but was very put off by that since I wasn't asking for fort knox so just sort of finger scamper waived her to the vault and she went and got them. I guess some tellers don't like a little lifting even if your polite and have an account (was my first time doing this here too...)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
At a bank branch I had never dumped at before (but have an account), a teller counted in slow motion all 100 rolls in my two boxes out loud. She counted 1..........2..........3...........4. I kept a smile until another teller walked by and asked 'do you need any help', teller counting said 'yes, do you have a gun?'. My jaw dropped...other teller's jaws dropped. I asked 'are you saying you would like to shoot me?'. She replied, 'don't push me'. Call to HQ followed.

That could result in some police charges.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I validated my account with my main bank and was just trying to get a box of nickels and pennies. Small little thing but was just getting grilled about do I have a business account why do I need them blah blah blah. I had been totally nice up to then but was very put off by that since I wasn't asking for fort knox so just sort of finger scamper waived her to the vault and she went and got them. I guess some tellers don't like a little lifting even if your polite and have an account (was my first time doing this here too...)

Are you sure you were being "polite" if you gestured a finger scamper to her when she asked legitimate questions? That's her job, you know.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
unroller said:

I've had them do that too, one was taking the rolls out and dumping the coins into her hand and counting them, just grabbing a random roll out of the box and doing this, after the tenth roll I finally said to her, " look, I wouldn't do that to you, this hobby is more important to me and being able to come back again to exchange my coins than trying to scam you out of some coins from these boxes" she just looked up at me and smiled, then pulled6 more rolls out and checked them in front of me, she finally said, ok, they seem to be all there and gave me my money.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A young teller told me he had $8 in halves, he decided to count them and drop them on his counter where I could not see. So I raised my voice and said you have my money, now give me my coins! He gave me $8.50 in halves. Serves him right for not knowing how to cull. No keepers, all clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread