Just ordered a bag of Ikes

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me a while to find a bank that was not only capable of ordering them, but willing to order them. They should arrive either next Friday or the Tuesday after that, they'll call me when they come in. Not giving up the name of the bank nor the company that is delivering them, sorry! I'll post results (and photos) in this thread when I get the bag. It should be $1000.

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny you brought up the fact that you asked to order Ikes BigScores, cause just today I asked my teller the same thing. She didn't tell me that she could or not because the manager was not in yet, but I'll find out tomorrow. I hope I can score a bag this week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bag of ikes, by the way, had 311 Ikes in it. One T2, the rest were nothing special. Did pull 33 more out as nice BU coins to add to my hoard.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
LOL a glaring example of why myself and other vets choose not to post in here anmore

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ugotit22 said:
LOL a glaring example of why myself and other vets choose not to post in here anmore

I've only been on the forum a few months, and wish more vets would post.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff is not going to have to deal with it. CRHstreetwalker is on a LONG timeout.

This mess ends now. Bigscores your reply was almost as bad, do not reply like that again, there is a problem you report it.

This forum will show some class. Members will respect TreasureNet forums or find somewhere else to post.

Last edited:

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you guys ask specifically for large dollars at the bank? I usually ask if I can buy a box of nickels and any halves they may have. I don't want to over burden them with a mile long list of things I would like.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to order some Ikes yesterday from a bank that's very good to me. I am told that they can't specify the type of coin, just the denomination (but they did add they have $127 in CWRs for me to pick up!). Oh well, I'll try with some other banks for Ikes.

I still spy Ikes in teller trays from time to time. When I do I grab them. All clad so far.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CladSmoke said:
Do you guys ask specifically for large dollars at the bank? I usually ask if I can buy a box of nickels and any halves they may have. I don't want to over burden them with a mile long list of things I would like.

I always ask for large dollars and halves anytime I go to a bank. Last week I found 20 in one bank and on Monday 23 at another. I haven't found a bank yet that has successfully ordered a full box of Ikes. I have one that the vault teller has promised to call the coin service every week to get me all that they have. Tomorrow should be the first successful order of their quantity on-hand, which they estimated to be around $200 - $250 per week.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaFinder said:
I always ask for large dollars and halves anytime I go to a bank. Last week I found 20 in one bank and on Monday 23 at another. I haven't found a bank yet that has successfully ordered a full box of Ikes. I have one that the vault teller has promised to call the coin service every week to get me all that they have. Tomorrow should be the first successful order of their quantity on-hand, which they estimated to be around $200 - $250 per week.

Nice, I'll give it the old college try. I am just worried about being a hassle. I like to get in and out quickly so that I don't take up too much of their time.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
For those that have gotten bags of Ikes before, what has been your results? Just curious if it would be worth the effort to try to get a bank to order some for me.

My 2nd bag was a skunk but the first bag yielded 2 40% Ikes plus a Peace dollar. Tempting enough? I've ordered a 3rd bag after months of just plain forgetting. I'll keep my fingers crossed when it arrives.

Rascal

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered another bag today, should come next Friday. I'm a little excited.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to order some Ikes yesterday from a bank that's very good to me. I am told that they can't specify the type of coin, just the denomination (but they did add they have $127 in CWRs for me to pick up!). Oh well, I'll try with some other banks for Ikes.

I still spy Ikes in teller trays from time to time. When I do I grab them. All clad so far.

From what I've read on this forum and been told when I asked myself, Ikes are not usually on banks' coin order forms. However, if the bank will go to the trouble to specifically ask the courier for them (probably will take a phone call to the courier), then they can likely get them as the Fed certainly has millions of them collecting dust.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read on this forum and been told when I asked myself, Ikes are not usually on banks' coin order forms. However, if the bank will go to the trouble to specifically ask the courier for them (probably will take a phone call to the courier), then they can likely get them as the Fed certainly has millions of them collecting dust.
Hard part is finding a bank willing to work around that. And finding a courier that keeps them on hand. :)

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get ikes covered in feces, I'll be a little upset. They better toss a couple Morgans and a trade dollar in there for me, lol.

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
I have tried to order "bold dollars" as they call them but the banks tell me they can't specify. Once they told me they put an order for bolds in and she got a confirmation that bold dollars were on the way! I couldn't wait to get to the bank and when I got there...a mixed box of SBAs and Presidential Dollars. Damn!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called up Brinks one day to see if i could get anywhere talking to them. I was lucky enough to talk to the Cash Manager or something and he told me they usually see Ikes and it is no problem to order them, if the bank asks for them they get from Fed. The Ike dollars are not on their order forms that i can see at any bank so most don't know they can order them. If you have a cash vault manager at the bank nice enough to just call up Brinks or whoever you use I am sure they could order them for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread