IM CALLING YOU OUT-----MWR MACHINE WRAP RE-ROLLER Stop rewrapping the rolls!!!!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Myself and some other coin roll hunters have had enough of this nonsense of rewrapped rolls, i'm asking, you to stop rewrapping them rolls!

734119d1359756349-well-weekends-hunt-ruined-dscn5954.jpg

look at maverick's boxes, you ruined his entire weekend, absolutely ruined it, I want to know how you can sleep soundly at night after looking at this? Sickening, mavericks a good guy, does not do anything else during the weekends but CRH, he's going to have an AWFUL weekend because of you.

I knowz you read this forum M.W.R. Machine-Wrapped-Rewrapper, and if you are a poster, or just a reader, I want you to respond to this. We can give you advice where the coin-counting machines are, where you can get coinlok bags, these methods are quicker. Respond.

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I got some good info today. In my area, Brinks requires banks to unroll the halves and put them in bags for shipment. That's why I don't get repacked dumps from Brinks. Loomis and Garda (presumably) do not have this requirement.

Hey Richard, that may be the case with some, but you've seen my pics of Brinks delivering me repacked boxes. I think some of the banks have worked it out with the carriers that if they get a box back that looks seemingly normal they can just send it back with them when they show up at the bank. I have also been at branches that while I'm standing at the counter a teller will walk over with a coin lock bag and start chucking the rolls right into a coinlock bag in front of me while the other teller is handing me my money. Some do, some don't, some unroll the coins, and some just put the whole rolls right into the coin lock bags to be shipped back. The safest thing to do is what I said, try and make what ever you bring back ugly enough that they have to process it. I know 1 of my Brinks banks I pick up at has a moron who brings them in Brinks boxes he has allready searched and they just ship them back like that, they have asked me if I wanted them before. It justr depends. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick, if I were you I would change pickup banks, not just branches but the actual bank. Most of the banks I bring coins to have to dump them in bags. These would be good banks for you to pick up at. Others ship out the full boxes. I guarantee you that in your area, they've got a big dumper of rewrapped coins and several CRHs, and they've figured out they can just cycle them. you've gotta get outta the skunk loop!

This is a bank that i don't normally order from, I was just rying to search some Garda boxes to mix it up a little, I am done ordering from them and trying Garda anymore for sure, just gonna stick with my normal run of banks and branches, they usually do good for me. HH, Maverick.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
despite popular belief to the contrary, I never search pre-searched rolls. I may pop out one or two and get an idea of what's up, but seriously

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a bank that i don't normally order from, I was just rying to search some Garda boxes to mix it up a little, I am done ordering from them and trying Garda anymore for sure, just gonna stick with my normal run of banks and branches, they usually do good for me. HH, Maverick.

Interesting on the Garda aspect. I think the only repackaged rolls Ive got were loomis, if I remember correctly. Dunbar is my go to, any boxes from them in your area? mine are always packaged in NF string and son yellow wrappers.

Sorry to hear about all the repackaged skunks! that stinks on two levels

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank will not take back rolled coins. They charge 5% to use the coin machine, so for now I've stopped, as detecting at the beach has been a whole lot more fun, time consuming and profitable. BTW I am annoyed with my bank......

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smokeythecat said:
My bank will not take back rolled coins. They charge 5% to use the coin machine, so for now I've stopped, as detecting at the beach has been a whole lot more fun, time consuming and profitable. BTW I am annoyed with my bank......

They charge even if you have an account? What bank Is that?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting on the Garda aspect. I think the only repackaged rolls Ive got were loomis, if I remember correctly. Dunbar is my go to, any boxes from them in your area? mine are always packaged in NF string and son yellow wrappers.

Sorry to hear about all the repackaged skunks! that stinks on two levels

I see their trucks runing around, but have never tried a Dunbar bank, and not sure which ones they service here.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

My sons B day is this month, going to buy him and me a pair of Ace 250's :laughing7:, cant wait to start detecting with him! HH, Maverick.

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maverick said:
I see their trucks runing around, but have never tried a Dunbar bank, and not sure which ones they service here.

Is there a way to find out other than staking out a bank?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These days "staking out" a bank, doesn't seem like a really good idea, unless you bank there regularly, then it's called "business".

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
The odds of this post being seen by the person are slim and none. Many here have the notion that all CRH's are on this forum and are the only ones searching for silver.

I can tell you on my area, I have seen at least 4 other gentleman who are in there 60's doing this and I'm guessing they aren't going home and firing up the Internet. Maybe they are but my point is that for everyone of is who post here, I am guessing are thousands across the country who have never heard of this forum.

Do you really think these people care they made someone else angry? Heck, I am guessing it would have made their day! Look at the childish act of people spray painting rims in order to make them look like silver.....if people can do something to discourage others from moving in on their silver, believe me, they will.

I am still amazed so many banks seem to take rolled coins. No bank anywhere near me would accept them. If you brought in rolled coin -even it is still in MRW's- you would be told they have to be broke open and run through the counter.

MU

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called the bank today looking for halves and they told me they $400 worth all from the same guy. I'm sure they're rewraps

I would totally go get those. I'm sure the majority of them are pre-coin roll hunted rewrapped halves. but think about it, there could also be a couple old rolls in there. You aren't the only one to consider turning them down, so a returned collection could be sitting there for quite awhile, waiting for someone to buy 'em all

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentalunrest, that's what I encounter here. The banker said people have brought in rolls of steel or lead or whatever in the rolls instead of coins, so they don't take rolled coins anymore. I don't feel like giving the bank $25 to "play" crh per box. that's 5%.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would totally go get those. I'm sure the majority of them are pre-coin roll hunted rewrapped halves. but think about it, there could also be a couple old rolls in there. You aren't the only one to consider turning them down, so a returned collection could be sitting there for quite awhile, waiting for someone to buy 'em all

Heck yeah never turn down halves despite the amount. I just bought $900 worth that my pickup bank told me some lady brought in.. Supposedly she was gonna pick them back up.. The head teller said we ain't no pawn shop.. Usually you'd think go dump story and run.. But I didn't and it payed. 14 40% definitely not a dump? Although it was strange cuz there were open MRW in the bunch??

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverForBrains said:

If its still there when I have the money

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know what youmean just got my first today all cwrs skunky!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck yeah never turn down halves despite the amount. I just bought $900 worth that my pickup bank told me some lady brought in.. Supposedly she was gonna pick them back up.. The head teller said we ain't no pawn shop.. Usually you'd think go dump story and run.. But I didn't and it payed. 14 40% definitely not a dump? Although it was strange cuz there were open MRW in the bunch??

The bank probably gave you a total of what was in there vault, allways buy them, there could be grandmas CWR's mixed in there from what they had sitting in the vault allready with the CRHers dumps, ya never know. HH, Maverick.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Richard, that may be the case with some, but you've seen my pics of Brinks delivering me repacked boxes. I think some of the banks have worked it out with the carriers that if they get a box back that looks seemingly normal they can just send it back with them when they show up at the bank. I have also been at branches that while I'm standing at the counter a teller will walk over with a coin lock bag and start chucking the rolls right into a coinlock bag in front of me while the other teller is handing me my money. Some do, some don't, some unroll the coins, and some just put the whole rolls right into the coin lock bags to be shipped back. The safest thing to do is what I said, try and make what ever you bring back ugly enough that they have to process it. I know 1 of my Brinks banks I pick up at has a moron who brings them in Brinks boxes he has allready searched and they just ship them back like that, they have asked me if I wanted them before. It justr depends. HH, Maverick.

I have actually gotten about 3 boxes from Brinks that are repacked dumps, but that's not many at all compared to Loomis and Garda. I presume the boxes are from Brinks if they are in the cube boxes with light brown tape sealing the bottom, whereas they are dumps from Loomis or Garda if they are in the cube boxes with the light brown tape at the bottom broken, and resealed with clear packing tape or Loomis, Fargo & Co. fibrous packing tape. Recently, Garda halves boxes also have a barcode sticker on them that's black on a yellow background.

I have only seen Dunbar trucks in Orlando. I don't think they service any banks up this way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread