IM CALLING YOU OUT-----MWR MACHINE WRAP RE-ROLLER Stop rewrapping the rolls!!!!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Myself and some other coin roll hunters have had enough of this nonsense of rewrapped rolls, i'm asking, you to stop rewrapping them rolls!

734119d1359756349-well-weekends-hunt-ruined-dscn5954.jpg

look at maverick's boxes, you ruined his entire weekend, absolutely ruined it, I want to know how you can sleep soundly at night after looking at this? Sickening, mavericks a good guy, does not do anything else during the weekends but CRH, he's going to have an AWFUL weekend because of you.

I knowz you read this forum M.W.R. Machine-Wrapped-Rewrapper, and if you are a poster, or just a reader, I want you to respond to this. We can give you advice where the coin-counting machines are, where you can get coinlok bags, these methods are quicker. Respond.

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely can't stand re-wrapping, but I simply have to do it for now.. I obviously never use the machine wraps they came in. I will purchase a couple thousand brown wraps every few months online. The only coin machines near me are all TDs.. Even dumping $2000 in halves means they have to change the bag 20 times and if someone is doing that regularly, they will probably get cut off.. I have been trying to set up bag service at places for weeks now since I am trying to up my halves orders again, but I don't have the time to wait for the cash to be put back into my account.. I am gonna try sitting down with a couple more bank managers this week and see if they can help me out, but so far no luck really.. So for now, I will have to keep wrapping.. Not only do i hate it because of re-packs, but also it is just a huge pain in the gonads and I can feel myself moving towards arthritis with every hunt..

Last edited:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasnt me, although someone above said it was them??

How do you go about the coin lok bags? Lemme know 50

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question is how does 50 know it is only one person? Some folks still can't think outside the box. As if all searchers are on this forum or there are only 3 or 4 per state.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
In the end, people are going to keep rerolling, be it CWR's or MWR's, I don't really blame the hunters if they have no choice, in my area there are no coin counting machines, so you either reroll or bag them and wait a few days for your account to be credited. I just can't stand the side slitters that tape the side back up, or try to roll the edge back down so they look un searched, but hey, to each his own i guess, I blame more the banks for not either not breaking the rolls open and sending them off in bags to be processed, I would also lay blame on the Carriers for not processing them either and just taking the easy way out by reshipping the boxes out that the bank gave to them to process. I wrote a thread about a bank that was mad at me for turning my boxes insideout when I brought them in because they couldn't just send them back to the carrier, I use them now for bag deposts. I do reroll in CWR's sometimes and bag most other times, I have never reused the MWR's, I take great measures to try and deter them from just shipping them back out, lately I have been shooting the CWR's with spray paint real qwik before I put them in a box so they are too ugly for the carrier to ship back out. I don't know if it will work, but I doubt they will send them back out that way, I also have started running a strip of duct tape around the outside of the box to make them un useable by the bank and the carrier, if they try to remove the tape, it will destroy the box, if others took the few extra minutes it takes to do these things, it would force the banks and carriers to have to process the coins, my boxes and rolls I bring in now are waaayy too ugly to be reshipped back out, if a bank has a problem with it, then I know they are one of the ones that is trying to ship back the boxes instead of opening the rolls and bagging them and I would stop dumping there, so far no one has said anything to me at any of my regular branches, I have confirmed that they are breaking the rolls open at the branches I take boxes to, ( one branch I went into a few days ago the teller looked at me and said, "Dang it, I just did my nails and now your bring me these to sit and unroll") I told her to just crack them open on the edge of the counter to save her nails and toss them in the bag then, this tells me that they are breaking the rolls open and bagging them there. It will be a battle that will probably never be won, but I am def doing my part to make it as hard as possible to ship anything out that I would bring in. All I can say is if you have to reroll, at least try and make them unuseable for the carrier to ship back out. This will not slow me down one bit, I will keep on keepin on, it will take way more than some repacks for me to stop my hobby thats for sure!

One more thing to remember is that if the banks didn't take CWR's, then we wouldn't be able to score CWR's with Silver in them when we go in and ask for them at the bank, and there wouldn't be any " Scored a solid roll today" posts on here either. Food for thought everyone. HH, Maverick

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I do bags and rewraps, but never like those. I do not see the point of carefully opening one end of the roll to take the coins out, just to put them back in the roll. I saw the video on YouTube and it takes almost an hour per box. I slit the edges and tape them back up, which is much faster (sorry maverick). I hardly ever get mine back, but I get a huge number of rewraps like maverick's from Loomis and Garda. I am just going to order from banks that get the Brinks cube boxes now.

Some of the rewraps must be coming from Orlando, because I get rolls with different designs that are probably from Dunbar. I guess it's theoretically more environmentally conscious to reuse the wrappers, if someone actually bought the coins for a poker game and not just to hunt for silver. But any CRHer is just going to take them back to another bank. It's a liability to receive them, because then you have to get rid of them and banks are surprisingly resistant to accepting large quantities of rolled halves, even if you have accounts with them. You could just as easily get skunked with an MWR box as opposed to a box of repacked dumps, but at least then you have a chance of finding something since all the coins got mixed in a hopper, hopefully with silver halves from Coinstar or other coin counting machines.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I do bags and rewraps, but never like those. I do not see the point of carefully opening one end of the roll to take the coins out, just to put them back in the roll. I saw the video on YouTube and it takes almost an hour per box. I slit the edges and tape them back up, which is much faster (sorry maverick). I hardly ever get mine back, but I get a huge number of rewraps like maverick's from Loomis and Garda. I am just going to order from banks that get the Brinks cube boxes now.

Some of the rewraps must be coming from Orlando, because I get rolls with different designs that are probably from Dunbar. I guess it's theoretically more environmentally conscious to reuse the wrappers, if someone actually bought the coins for a poker game and not just to hunt for silver. But any CRHer is just going to take them back to another bank. It's a liability to receive them, because then you have to get rid of them and banks are surprisingly resistant to accepting large quantities of rolled halves, even if you have accounts with them. You could just as easily get skunked with an MWR box as opposed to a box of repacked dumps, but at least then you have a chance of finding something since all the coins got mixed in a hopper, hopefully with silver halves from Coinstar or other coin counting machines.

It's cool Richard, like I said, to each his own :) HH, Maverick.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I seen a rewrapper in action where I live. He brought two Brinks boxes to my CU which is my dump bank as well and gave them to the teller. I was thinking for the love of God dude there's a free fricken coin machine right behind you. One that can consume 10,000 worth of change. No he would rather pawn them off on another CRHer. But he is mistaken to think he us off scott free doing this travesty unto the CHR community. You see by happenstance I ran into this same Asian fellow at a Chase bank in Lansing. He was picking up 4 dimes boxes and 2 halve boxes.. Well get ready for some rewrappers my greedy fellow... Grrrrrrr :-\ hahahahaha..... Maybe but I think I'm better then him so I'll probably just live with the decent profit I already make instead of trying for it all and rewrapping him to oblivion..

Near lansing? well that's not near me so go get him Adamkir!! I tried wrapping coins and its just a pain. So now I put all my coinage into canisters and take them to either coinstar for E-certificates or my one dump bank that doesn't charge me.

sincerely, garoulady

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rewrap all my clad and mark on the box in sharpie, "send to some other coin nerd." :laughing7:

Just kidding. I have Bernake on speed dial I just tell him "it's time to get he clad" and he is over in 10 min. He loves his clad.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Just kidding. I have Bernake on speed dial I just tell him "it's time to get he clad" and he is over in 10 min. He loves his clad.

I think the only person with Bernanke on speed dial would be KevinBomb123.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you bring in boxes of rewrapped dumps, do the teller's open the boxes and inspect them?

If not, what would stop someone from just putting the coins back in the box unwrapped? If nothing, why not just do that?

That way, somewhere down the line, they'd have to be put through the wrapping system again and thus not be repacked dumps.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got some good info today. In my area, Brinks requires banks to unroll the halves and put them in bags for shipment. That's why I don't get repacked dumps from Brinks. Loomis and Garda (presumably) do not have this requirement.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm guilty as charged, somewhat. I typically dump in coin machines, but in the past I have dumped small amounts (usually $50, no more than $100) by depositing re-rolled halves at branches that don't have coin machines or have machines set to not take halves. I mainly do not do this anymore because a former dump bank has become a pick-up bank, but isn't it the coin courier's fauly for not re-rolling them with a machine, or the bank's fault for sending out CWR rather than bags? In any event, what different does it make to search through someone else's dumps that have been neatly re-rolled by machine (like my last box, which did not have anything worth keeping - no Ag, no proofs, no commem's, no NIFCs, nothing)?

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm guilty as charged, somewhat. I typically dump in coin machines, but in the past I have dumped small amounts (usually $50, no more than $100) by depositing re-rolled halves at branches that don't have coin machines or have machines set to not take halves. I mainly do not do this anymore because a former dump bank has become a pick-up bank, but isn't it the coin courier's fauly for not re-rolling them with a machine, or the bank's fault for sending out CWR rather than bags? In any event, what different does it make to search through someone else's dumps that have been neatly re-rolled by machine (like my last box, which did not have anything worth keeping - no Ag, no proofs, no commem's, no NIFCs, nothing)?

At least someone else's dumps have the chance of being mixed with silver coins if they were unwrapped and ran through the rolling machine, depending on how the operator of the rolling machine chooses to run the coins. With repacked dumps there is no hope of finding anything, generally.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys, I rewrap all my coins. I have no other choice, coin counters are not time efficient and I have to drive too far. Bags tie up my money for a week. I've got my system down of about 20-30 banks in a large area, and I bring back 2 boxes to each, some once a week, some once a month, depending on how used to it they are. I've gotten them before too and I know how much it sucks. Still, there's nothing I can do short of quitting the hobby myself which isn't going to happen. I don't rewrap mine intricately though, that one I don't understand. I just fold the ends back over. I don't see that it matters anyway, some of those are rewrapped good and others not, so it's not his careful rewrapping that's getting them repacked.

Maverick, if I were you I would change pickup banks, not just branches but the actual bank. Most of the banks I bring coins to have to dump them in bags. These would be good banks for you to pick up at. Others ship out the full boxes. I guarantee you that in your area, they've got a big dumper of rewrapped coins and several CRHs, and they've figured out they can just cycle them. you've gotta get outta the skunk loop!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got some good info today. In my area, Brinks requires banks to unroll the halves and put them in bags for shipment. That's why I don't get repacked dumps from Brinks. Loomis and Garda (presumably) do not have this requirement.
Not always the case around here thripp, I do Brinks only and usually have no problem, but every now and then (like last week) I get a sealed Brinks box full of repacks ( sometimes slit down the side and taped back up, or just rewrapped in the same wrappers they came in with one end real loose). This last weeks were interesting, Loomas rolls, side slit, taped back up and all in a ordered, sealed Brinks box. ?????

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called the bank today looking for halves and they told me they $400 worth all from the same guy. I'm sure they're rewraps

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the end, people are going to keep rerolling, be it CWR's or MWR's, I don't really blame the hunters if they have no choice, in my area there are no coin counting machines, so you either reroll or bag them and wait a few days for your account to be credited. I just can't stand the side slitters that tape the side back up, or try to roll the edge back down so they look un searched, but hey, to each his own i guess, I blame more the banks for not either not breaking the rolls open and sending them off in bags to be processed, I would also lay blame on the Carriers for not processing them either and just taking the easy way out by reshipping the boxes out that the bank gave to them to process. I wrote a thread about a bank that was mad at me for turning my boxes insideout when I brought them in because they couldn't just send them back to the carrier, I use them now for bag deposts. I do reroll in CWR's sometimes and bag most other times, I have never reused the MWR's, I take great measures to try and deter them from just shipping them back out, lately I have been shooting the CWR's with spray paint real qwik before I put them in a box so they are too ugly for the carrier to ship back out. I don't know if it will work, but I doubt they will send them back out that way, I also have started running a strip of duct tape around the outside of the box to make them un useable by the bank and the carrier, if they try to remove the tape, it will destroy the box, if others took the few extra minutes it takes to do these things, it would force the banks and carriers to have to process the coins, my boxes and rolls I bring in now are waaayy too ugly to be reshipped back out, if a bank has a problem with it, then I know they are one of the ones that is trying to ship back the boxes instead of opening the rolls and bagging them and I would stop dumping there, so far no one has said anything to me at any of my regular branches, I have confirmed that they are breaking the rolls open at the branches I take boxes to, ( one branch I went into a few days ago the teller looked at me and said, "Dang it, I just did my nails and now your bring me these to sit and unroll") I told her to just crack them open on the edge of the counter to save her nails and toss them in the bag then, this tells me that they are breaking the rolls open and bagging them there. It will be a battle that will probably never be won, but I am def doing my part to make it as hard as possible to ship anything out that I would bring in. All I can say is if you have to reroll, at least try and make them unuseable for the carrier to ship back out. This will not slow me down one bit, I will keep on keepin on, it will take way more than some repacks for me to stop my hobby thats for sure!

One more thing to remember is that if the banks didn't take CWR's, then we wouldn't be able to score CWR's with Silver in them when we go in and ask for them at the bank, and there wouldn't be any " Scored a solid roll today" posts on here either. Food for thought everyone. HH, Maverick

spray painting sounds like a good idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions