Brinks owes me $10....

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This afternoon I picked up four boxes of halves I ordered from the bank. They were all nice sealed Brinks cubes. Hopes were high, because last Monday I pulled out (14) 40% and (4) 90% out of four similar Brinks boxes from this bank. So, I get home and begin in earnest... Boxes #1 - 3, all skunks. OK, not a big deal. Opened box #4... glaring up at me is an empty space in the lower left corner of the box. Counted all the rolls to be sure. Sure enough, only 49 rolls. Of course, box #4 was silver-free as well. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I don't mind skunks, as its part of the challenge. I **do** mind being ripped-off, however.

Since I'm new to CRHing, I don't have a feel for how often things like this happens. Is this just a fluke, or does it happen more often than it should?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Very simple your bank will take excess coin run through their sorter, bag by denomination it and send it to Brinks who does the same the Brinks people do not look at the coins dumped into their sorter. I have gotten Indian Heads in cents boxes from Brinks, along with a lot of clad dimes that slipped in and of course a lot of foreign coins as well. Nickle boxes from Brinks I have gotten a V nickel many Buffaloes and many Silver war nickels. Most banks do not have a coin sorter in the lobby and a lot do not even have one in the bank especially smaller branches and those will not take large amounts of loose coin so you must bring it in wrapped.
Sorry Bell I was being sarcastic, as many roll hunters believe that Brinks culls silver, due to slim silver finds in Brinks boxes.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had that happen yet, just skunks.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I was shorted one time last year, working 4 boxes a week.

I simply mentioned it to the head teller, in one of those "you won't believe this, but..." attitudes, and the bank replaced the $10 on the spot.

I have been a long standing customer at that bank, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread