This years goals please add yours!!

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goals are:

57/150 silver dimes (these are all rosies and some canadian. Would like to find some mercs and maybe a barber)
12/15 war nickels
0/2 buffaloes ( almost ten boxes and no buffaloes. everyone else averages like 1 for 3 or 4 boxes)
3/50 90%
6/150 40%
7/0 quarters ( two canadian: one 80% and one 50%)

I also want to find over 10 silver dimes in one box. Same with halves, but silver halves instead of dimes.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
How rare are quarters in cwr? What's your avg? I was maybe thinking about trying some quarters soon...

Quarters are usually around 1 per $2500-$5000, unless you happen to live in Massachusetts and go by the name Wickaboag, then you'll get like 1 every $50 or less.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well who knows?/ I don"t have a clue what I will find this year? I cut my boxes down a little my work is so busy I have 3 guys working now. So its all good even 800oz would be good time will tell. Good luck to all.I would like to hear how you are doing.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
My goal was 40 oz for 2013. I do one bag of halves a week. Hit 40+ oz with just 2 bags, one in march and one last month! You never know what you're going to get

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal was 40 oz for 2013. I do one bag of halves a week. Hit 40+ oz with just 2 bags, one in march and one last month! You never know what you're going to get

You hit over 40 oz with just two bags? That's awesome!

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well who knows?/ I don"t have a clue what I will find this year? I cut my boxes down a little my work is so busy I have 3 guys working now. So its all good even 800oz would be good time will tell. Good luck to all.I would like to hear how you are doing.

If I ever even got as many 40%ers as you I think I would poo myself.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am definitely not on track to my 100 ounces I predicted, maybe I should lower it to 75. we'll see.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up to 31.19 troy ounces. I started hunting at the end of February. I'm not sure what my goal is. Originally, I had hoped to reach $1,000 in silver value. I haven't hit that mark yet, but I should get there if my hunting/finds stay consistent. My other goal was to complete a full roll of as many types of silver coins as I could. So far, I have completed rolls of '64 kennedy's, 40% Kennedys, and Roosevelt dimes. A roll of Franklins didn't look out of the question a month or so ago when I was finding them for a couple weeks, but they seem to have dried up. I want to finish a roll of quarters, but that is slow going (I have 9 so far from CRH'ing).

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up to 31.19 troy ounces. I started hunting at the end of February. I'm not sure what my goal is. Originally, I had hoped to reach $1,000 in silver value. I haven't hit that mark yet, but I should get there if my hunting/finds stay consistent. My other goal was to complete a full roll of as many types of silver coins as I could. So far, I have completed rolls of '64 kennedy's, 40% Kennedys, and Roosevelt dimes. A roll of Franklins didn't look out of the question a month or so ago when I was finding them for a couple weeks, but they seem to have dried up. I want to finish a roll of quarters, but that is slow going (I have 9 so far from CRH'ing).

We started this hobby about the exact same time. It sucks that the rate silver is going a certain dollar amount gets a little tougher every day lol. I haven't been able to hunt at all lately but my first month I found ten oz. Number wise it was mostly dimes but the halves made up the most silver. I'm missing it bad but I just started a new job after a month of looking so I gotta build the funds back up. I hope your luck continues!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do small volume and my goals are basically just specific coins I would like to find. Half dollar wise I've yet to find a walker so that is number one. Second wold be a barber dime.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We started this hobby about the exact same time. It sucks that the rate silver is going a certain dollar amount gets a little tougher every day lol. I haven't been able to hunt at all lately but my first month I found ten oz. Number wise it was mostly dimes but the halves made up the most silver. I'm missing it bad but I just started a new job after a month of looking so I gotta build the funds back up. I hope your luck continues!

You aren't kidding about the spot price. If the silver price was the same as when we started, I would pretty much be at my $1k goal. I'm sure one day it will go up again. I'm thinking the bond bubble will be the next big thing that pushes it up. I'm in no rush to sell anyway, so if it takes 50 years for silver to shoot up, it isn't really going to bother me.

Good luck with your new job and your hunting!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't plan to hunt much so instead of silver weight my goal is to find my first standing liberty quarter. I figure if I do a few boxes every now and then who knows maybe I'll get lucky

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On one hand lower silver prices mean less hunters and "get rich quick" CRH schemes, and hopefully more finds. Shouldn't matter if spot is low if you plant to hold onto 'em for a few years. On the other hand, if your plan is to sell your finds to build up your bankroll, then that kinda sucks

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
My goal to start the year was 12oz. I am now at 13.8oz!!! I really didn't know what to expect because this is my first year hunting.. But I'm excited about those numbers! HH

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lat year my goal was 25 oz. However I then realized that the luck that I was having with half boxes was not the norm in my area. I think that I ended my year with around 18oz. This year I didn't hunt a single box of coin until the beginning of may so I was going to lower my goal, but last week I found 13oz in one day so now I think that 25 oz sounds pretty reachable to me.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal is 50 oz that would be pretty sweet, anything above that is cake!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An oz a week is my goal, and I'm definitely meeting it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread