cwi boxes of 1/2s

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
can someone please tell me what the CWI means stamped on the boxes of half dollars i get?i asked the teller and she said it means central Wisconsin but i'm not buying that.it does'nt make sense.I'm in northern Illinois and you mean to tell me they bring them all the way down from central Wisconsin.then what does the i mean I'm the idiot for beleiveing that one???then for awhile i was getting boxes with a 4 digit code stamped on them.i thought all these boxes come from the feds in the area so would they not come out of one place?the Chicago branch???just trying to figure out the game.thanks for any input-

Upvote 0

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it means silver free JK..none of my boxes ever have any markings on them!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from central Wisconsin. When I was a kid, CWI meant "cold weather indicators". Usually in reference to a female, but also applicable to males.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can someone please tell me what the CWI means stamped on the boxes of half dollars i get?i asked the teller and she said it means central Wisconsin but i'm not buying that.it does'nt make sense.I'm in northern Illinois and you mean to tell me they bring them all the way down from central Wisconsin.then what does the i mean I'm the idiot for beleiveing that one???then for awhile i was getting boxes with a 4 digit code stamped on them.i thought all these boxes come from the feds in the area so would they not come out of one place?the Chicago branch???just trying to figure out the game.thanks for any input-

There was a post where CWI stood for Coin Wrap Inc,

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/262200-dunbar-half-dollar-boxes.html

Coin Wrap, Inc.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
if you're referring to brinks boxes.no i never see them marked either!is that what you're talking about?these are dunbar boxes i'm getting.what state are you in?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread