Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
penny boxes seem to have about 10 wheats per box in my area, i'm going to try and get more boxes today also

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do great with wheats in give/take penny containers at gas stations

OP
OP
E

engine275

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2012
Laurelville Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Challenger and Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome post I got another box monday and didn't have time to check till today, and I found 20 wheats 2 of which are 1919 wheat, and a 1914 wheat and an uncirculated 1957 D wheat. I double checked three time to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
1919 are a pretty common but slow down and check for errors and close AM cents and wide am

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1919 are a pretty common but slow down and check for errors and close AM cents and wide am

Care to fill in a newb on just what a "close" and "wide" AM cent is? I've kept every wheat I've ever come across just cause they're different than the Lincoln's I grew up with.....Are there any wheat pennies that are worth anything decent??

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I brought my cent coin book up to the local coin shop a few months ago and told him that I was ready to start buying some of the ones that I still needed to finish it. I got it from a trash job I did where the guy was just throwing it away and I think he had all of his real good coins stored in single containers because it was only missing the real money coins. I have filled a few of the spaces and kept all of the Wheaties that I have found but the real good ones have been hard finds for me. The LCS guy took a look at my book and said he had just gotten in a whole roll of 1914D's and he began looking through them. He found one and said I can let you have this one for 50 dollars and I told him I wasn't really thinking about spending that much money and that maybe I would just keep looking for a while. The best coin I have ever found CRH was a capped die cent where Lincoln's face is just barely visible, the same LCS guy offered me 35 dollars for it when I showed it to him. Another coin shop said it was worth somewhere between 65-100. I haven't been doing many cents lately but the right date/mm or error can surly be decent especially with what you have invested.

OP
OP
E

engine275

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2012
Laurelville Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Challenger and Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome posts guys, after getting another box today went through it in a couple of hours and found a total of 40 wheats, another 1919 wheat, and found a really shiny wheat kinda wonderin if it has been cleaned.

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
awesome posts guys, after getting another box today went through it in a couple of hours and found a total of 40 wheats, another 1919 wheat, and found a really shiny wheat kinda wonderin if it has been cleaned.

Ugh I just ran into a 1972 dub die that has been clean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread