Monster box on its way!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was very hard to get a monster box right now everyone says they paid more then I wanted to pay. I was trying to get one for $26 $27 per oz there was no way. So I paid $14.250.00 for a sealed box. And a little sheetrock repair in his store. The coin shops around me will sell 1oz for $30 to $37 So I got 500oz for $28.5 per oz. A little more then I wanted to pay. That's life When silver goes up to?? $35 or so I will sell a few thou.. 40% at $5 each or more.:3coins::3coins::3coins::3coins::3coins::3coins:

Upvote 0

Nomatic00

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't afford to go monster box but, I have 9 rolls coming from Liberty. With shipping and wire fees included it came out to $27.55 an oz. I had to shop a bunch of sites to get it but, I feel pretty darn good about that price. Here's to the price of silver shooting back up :)

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't afford to go monster box but, I have 9 rolls coming from Liberty. With shipping and wire fees included it came out to $27.55 an oz. I had to shop a bunch of sites to get it but, I feel pretty darn good about that price. Here's to the price of silver shooting back up :)
I tried to get it days ago and he took to long it went up to much.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tim, very cool purchase, that is a space saver there. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry, fellas. "Monster box"?

I don't know why people have to play music in the background of there vids, lol, But this should give you an idea there Bad Wolf. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why people have to play music in the background of there vids, lol, But this should give you an idea there Bad Wolf. HH, Maverick.
Thanks am not going to open mine if its sealed. Am going to get it wed.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, the premiums on the is eagle is crazy! It seems to be a little MORE expensive than they were when the price was 4 dollar higher.

For example - I Was getting eagles for 28-30.5 when the price was around 26. Now, I can't get them for beflore 29.50 - - - Jeeeez!

So, For whatever reason, the premiums on the maple leaves and phil harmonics are really low. Getting those for around 26.5. So I loaded up. Looking at flebay, and these bullion coins are also holding their value. The philharmonics do not have a purity or weight listed, which is kinda of the bummer, but they come in neat grey tubes.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I just purchased a single 2013 ASE for $7.54. I guess I got a good deal! :icon_thumleft: Actually I paid $33.00 for it. My wife had given me an Ebay card and I already had an Ebay card with some change on it. So I cashed in the cards and pitched in a little and got my ASE. I hated paying about ten bucks over spot but those cards were burnin' a whole in my wallet. :cat:

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeepers....I would never pay that kind of a premium, especially since silver has been on a pretty steady decline for the past 24 months. Once the economy recovers, I believe silver will be $12-15 per ounce, if that. But, I could be wrong too!! Just my opinion.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeepers....I would never pay that kind of a premium, especially since silver has been on a pretty steady decline for the past 24 months. Once the economy recovers, I believe silver will be $12-15 per ounce, if that. But, I could be wrong too!! Just my opinion.
I will buy all the silver you have for $20 a oz why wait to the bottom?? I think its going right back up just my opinion? I got 9 years for it to go up!

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will buy all the silver you have for $20 a oz why wait to the bottom?? I think its going right back up just my opinion? I got 9 years for it to go up!

OK, i'll bite. What happens in 9 years?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Tim, in your original post, you mentioned that you bought from a guy and you are doing some drywall repair for him. If you trust him, that is well and good. But being that the sale isn't direct from an authorized purchaser from the Mint, then I would inspect the contents. There has been fraud where the the mint seal and bands have been faked. The contents are replaced with an equivalent weight and re-sealed. People store the box away, hoping to resell year's down the road an "unsearched" box only to find they invested 15k in lead.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, in your original post, you mentioned that you bought from a guy and you are doing some drywall repair for him. If you trust him, that is well and good. But being that the sale isn't direct from an authorized purchaser from the Mint, then I would inspect the contents. There has been fraud where the the mint seal and bands have been faked. The contents are replaced with an equivalent weight and re-sealed. People store the box away, hoping to resell year's down the road an "unsearched" box only to find they invested 15k in lead.

This is good advice.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Like a boss.. DiverDown.. You are truly a great person to have on this site... All the help you give everyone is greatly appreciated..

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Like a boss.. DiverDown.. You are truly a great person to have on this site... All the help you give everyone is greatly appreciated..

I appreciate the comments, but it is prudent advise when investing 15k. People put too much stock in the "sealed" bands and not enough in the contents. Coins are routinely faked. Wouldn't it be easier to fake the strap and seal? The empty boxes can be routinely bought for $15. Filled with lead, it gives the fraudsters $14k+ reasons to perfect their craft.

Besides, I was just reminded last week that I was the reason this forum has deteriorated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread