Monster box on its way!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was very hard to get a monster box right now everyone says they paid more then I wanted to pay. I was trying to get one for $26 $27 per oz there was no way. So I paid $14.250.00 for a sealed box. And a little sheetrock repair in his store. The coin shops around me will sell 1oz for $30 to $37 So I got 500oz for $28.5 per oz. A little more then I wanted to pay. That's life When silver goes up to?? $35 or so I will sell a few thou.. 40% at $5 each or more.:3coins::3coins::3coins::3coins::3coins::3coins:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hes my gold and silver buyer I got a copy of the sale from the person he got it from with the amount and date and the year. My friend is a dentist I will get him to exray it for me. It will be free. I might open it will see. It might allready be open??I just think I could sell it faster unopened??

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do reccomend opening it just to make sure they are what they are.. you can always sell them by the roll(of 20)... not everybody is willing to shell out $14k for a box of silver eagles, but many are willing to shell out $600 for a roll of silver eagles. (or however much a roll is worth)... just my 2 cents :)
hh
buff

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do reccomend opening it just to make sure they are what they are.. you can always sell them by the roll(of 20)... not everybody is willing to shell out $14k for a box of silver eagles, but many are willing to shell out $600 for a roll of silver eagles. (or however much a roll is worth)... just my 2 cents :)
hh
buff
Do you know what You get for two cents?? NOTHING not even a gum ball.

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking about cents.....I know there are a lot of strong opinions about calling cents ”pennies”. I noticed on the boxes from the bank (String and Sons I think), it clearly reads ”pennies” not cents.....just a random thought triggered by 2 cent talk.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
It doesn't matter what you call it. Personal I usually refer to 1 as a cent such but refer to multiple cents as pennies.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Speaking about cents.....I know there are a lot of strong opinions about calling cents ”pennies”. I noticed on the boxes from the bank (String and Sons I think), it clearly reads ”pennies” not cents.....just a random thought triggered by 2 cent talk.
”pennies&rdquo

Those must be some kind of foreign aftermarket rolls.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
”pennies&rdquo

Those must be some kind of foreign aftermarket rolls.

Not British, maybe an old Fijian roll? Certainly not US.

The fact a business says they are pennies means nothing. A business is private, so they can decide what they want to do.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim,

I'm curious - did you "cash in" or trade-in some of your low-density silver in order to get the high-density silver? Or was it just an outright purchase to take advantage of the low spot price?

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim,

I'm curious - did you "cash in" or trade-in some of your low-density silver in order to get the high-density silver? Or was it just an outright purchase to take advantage of the low spot price?
I wanted to sell a few 1000 40% but the price didn't go hi. So I just put the cash up for the 500 oz am glad I did even at $28.50 per oz. The guy I got them from told me he would give me $3 over spot any time I wanted to sell them. I plan on keeping them for many years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions