Stupidity of the Common Teenager

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, today I did a lot of road time and only got half of my stuff done. Either the store I stopped at didn't have what I needed or I couldn't find the store I was looking for. Over 5 hours driving around town, dodging over 20+ tirebusting potholes. I mean these potholes were over a foot wide and 5 inches deep!! Someone needs to get off their butts and fix those things before there are more accidents from people dodging them.

But here's the real story. Stopped at Burger King after all this driving and had a coupon for BOGO whopper and I didn't have any dollar bills. I had rolls of half dollars. So I handed the cashier one of the rolls. As a cashier, you are suppose to take the whole roll and give back dollar bills. But nooo, she opens the roll, takes out what she needed then hands me back the other 6 dollars in half dollars!!!! are you kidding me??? Couldn't believe it. Over 20 years of cashiering I had yet to see anyone do that. If I get an order for 5 bucks and someone gives me a roll of quarters, I don't open the roll, take 5 bucks back and hand them the other 5 bucks of quarters. Nope, I take the whole roll. ugh, Ugh, UGH!!! God save me from teenagers... Now I have 90 dollars in rolled halves to get rid of, and 6 dollars of loose halves. ::growls, snapping teeth::

Oh the beautiful part, I have to go back into town and hopefully get into the doctor's. I think I am getting an inner ear infection just 2 weeks before my surgery. I just can't catch a break here today. Though I finally lugged about 600 dollars worth of nickels back to my dump bank. I could have sworn that I had more but I am not going to complain over a couple of bucks worth. They don't charge me anything to dump. I did have to make 3 trips into the bank, carrying my haul in. Definitely need to get a collapsible handcart. Found one on Amazon for 20 bucks. But I informed the bank that I wouldn't be back in 2 1/2 months due to the medical leave and gave them 2 boxes of russell stover chocolates for being such nice people.

OMG! The rain has changed to snow right before my eyes!! Oh the horror!! That's it. I'm moving to Sneedsville Kentucky. I stand michigan's crazy weather anymore.LOL.

Hugs and Prayers,
GarouLady

Upvote 0

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
last time i was at burger king they though the halves where dollars. if i wasn't honest to them i wound have made money ;)

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at Burger King after all this driving and had a coupon for BOGO whopper and I didn't have any dollar bills. I had rolls of half dollars. So I handed the cashier one of the rolls. As a cashier, you are suppose to take the whole roll and give back dollar bills. But nooo, she opens the roll, takes out what she needed then hands me back the other 6 dollars in half dollars!!!! are you kidding me??? Couldn't believe it. Over 20 years of cashiering I had yet to see anyone do that. If I get an order for 5 bucks and someone gives me a roll of quarters, I don't open the roll, take 5 bucks back and hand them the other 5 bucks of quarters. Nope, I take the whole roll. ugh, Ugh, UGH!!! God save me from teenagers... Now I have 90 dollars in rolled halves to get rid of, and 6 dollars of loose halves. ::growls, snapping teeth::

I had that happen one time to me, and from now on, I just count out what I need and give them to the cashier. My girlfriend can't stand it when I do that, but it's fun to me. Then the remainder of the roll goes into my cup holder and gets spent at the next stop down the road. :laughing7:

The thing that REALLY ticks me off is if I sit there and count out change where I will get nickels or dimes or quarters back (ex: item costs $1.83, I give them $2.08), they then proceed to give me the .08 back and give it to me out of $2).

I always make sure and tell them how much I'm giving them too, so I don't get stupid looks from them.

Your typical fast food cashier will have to have their hand held through out the process (and even then they will still probably screw it up).

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
L.o.l. Mi. Is road challenged. Our main road might ruin a tank. Ky. Does look good. Browsed it online this winter.
At least the kids are working. And you have cold hard cash!. It gets better,hang in there.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same exact thing happened to me at a Burger King except it was a roll of Dimes that they broke open and gave me the rest

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of places don't allow cashiers to take covered rolls (assuming that it was), and make employees open them to check. At least they do in some stores around here. Too much cheating, with nickles in between the quarters and such.

It's not easy working at Burger King. And as a teenager, one has little say over management. I always try my best to be kind toward teenagers and any workers at these fast food establishments, and would never call anyone 'stupid' unless I wanted to be called that in turn.

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
A lot of places don't allow cashiers to take covered rolls (assuming that it was), and make employees open them to check. At least they do in some stores around here. Too much cheating, with nickles in between the quarters and such.

It's not easy working at Burger King. And as a teenager, one has little say over management. I always try my best to be kind toward teenagers and any workers at these fast food establishments, and would never call anyone 'stupid' unless I wanted to be called that in turn.

It's understandable, but not as bad as getting a nickel in a sealed half dollar box like I did..lol

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like you tried to dump on them and they dumped right back lol... Would you want those in your cash drawer? It's not like the next person in the drive through is going to want them.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's BK... Aren't you supposed to have it your way?

on a more serious note, hope you are doing well and recocver from that inner ear infection before your operation, I have ear problems and know what it is like... if you have ear drops, definitely use them until the symptoms subside. I do 4 drops in infected ear twice daily(of course that depends on the medication you might have), hope this helps,
hh
buff

p.s. it gets better when you pay for your $5 food bill at BK with a $2 bill, an ike, a SBA dollar, and 2 halves ;)

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you expect from a clerk who if the power went out, and the cash register didn't tell him/her the amount of change to return, couldn't figure what to give you back.:icon_scratch:

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a former restaurant manager, I would not want my cashiers to simply accept a roll of coins and hand them bills back. We have all seen cents and washers in dime rolls etc.

I think that cashier deserves a raise.

Now as a crher, I would have taken the halves myself but been mad it was a dump.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
This was a rant and if anyone takes offense, I apologize for the slight, but I did say common, not all. I know some teenagers who are smarter than me and are more mature than most adults I know. And I am a cashier, have been one for over 20 years at different businesses. We take rolled coinage at my place as long as their name and phone numbers are on it. Also here's a cashier trick that I do. We weight them on our scales that we weight your veggies on. A roll of quarters will weight if memory serves me right, .5 on my scale. Dimes are .33. If there are canadian or other coinage other than the particular coins, the weight will be off. As for halves, more often than not, if we got halves, I know at least 10 people in our store alone that would jump on that clad.

Thanks for the well wishes. It feels really nice to know that I am in others prayers. It's more than more of my family members have given recently.

But on that note, I am going to grab something to eat.

Hugs and Prayers,
GarouLady

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have learned to say "Medio Dollares" because english is a second language at some fast food joints were I am at. This solves alot of problems when I hear cashiers talk to other co-workers wondering what to do with halves. HH

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Enjoyed your story teller talent GarouLady!

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last time I handed a roll of coins to a teenager at a register it went something like this. "That will be $6.79 sir", Handed her the roll of halves. "The bank is across the street sir, that will be $6.79 sir".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread