what is the sheapest silver you can find?

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ive been searching ebay and other auction sites for good deals but everything has been way overpriced. Apmex is sold out of anything 1 ounce coins under $30. I did find a place that sold generic for $24.15 (silver at $23). Only bought three rounds because that's all I can spare. Anybody else find good deals?

Upvote 0

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear the Israel Mint has coin depicting different scenes from the bible like Joanna and the Whale. Maybe they have one with a sheep on it since Jesus is the lamb of God... Haha nice type-o. That place selling at $24 might be your best bet right now.

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Warnick in a nickel roll? Can't be cheaper than that...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Face value... You can't get it cheaper unless it is handed to you for nothing.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to your local coin/bullion shop and check some of the Cash 4 Gold places, some of the smaller chains will sell to you around melt, they don't always have the greatest selection but what they do have usually sells for melt or so.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Went on a little bank run today. At the last bank I noticed a pawn shop across the street. I stopped in to check just for kicks. Asked the guy if they had any old coins. He said he has a few "old silvers". He came out with a 1944 Walker and 1958D Franklin and two other generic "commemorative" 1 oz silver rounds.. I was expecting him to charge me a ton. He was only asking spot!!! I was shocked but he seemed like he wanted to get rid of them. I passed on the silver rounds for now but picked up the halves. He also offered me a silver certificate and a red seal $2 bill. Picked those up as well. As I was walking out the door he offered to take my name down and call me if any more come in. Sweet deal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread