First non-skunk box of halves

BigMoses777

Apr 4, 2013
Just had to post this in celebration of the fact That I struck silver!!!

image-792868569.jpg

It's the little things in life... :)

Upvote 0

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried listening to clad and silver still can't hear a differents

beebs88

May 5, 2013
I tried listening to clad and silver still can't hear a differents

Tap clad against clad then clad against a silver. You will hear a difference, unless you ate tone deaf :) The silver gives a more dead sound while clad gives a higher ting sound.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tap clad against clad then clad against a silver. You will hear a difference, unless you ate tone deaf :) The silver gives a more dead sound while clad gives a higher ting sound.

Tone deaf lol sometimes I wish I couldn't hear a dog whistle 500 yards away from me

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
76s Half Dollar is 40% Silver?

Some are some arent- there is the 76s proof which isnt silver and then there is the 76s silver which is 40% you should be able to tell the difference just check it against another 40%

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently found 2 76' s mint marks one looks like a mirror and other looks like it was stuck in the mud for a few months then ran over by a truck and finally put through the wash.... Neither appear to be silver any value for S non silver?

Outbackwack

Oct 1, 2013
Boston, Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (8.5x11.5, 5x8), White's Eagle Spectrum, Garrett Pro Pointer, ZenBori
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you guys do with the silver ones once you find them? This is intriguing me...

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you guys do with the silver ones once you find them? This is intriguing me...

Throw em back- its catch and release

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iamrussell is correct, to actually keep a silver half dollar while hunting is against the law.

Just enjoy them for a few minutes, toss them in the air, clink them togther or flick with your finger.
Once you have enjoyed them, toss them back into the deposit bag and go after another box.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Iamrussell is correct, to actually keep a silver half dollar while hunting is against the law.

Just enjoy them for a few minutes, toss them in the air, clink them togther or flick with your finger.
Once you have enjoyed them, toss them back into the deposit bag and go after another box.

Lol :p

molonlabe64

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2014
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are done with a box of halves, do you take them back to the same bank to exchange? I feel a little reluctant to ask them to order me a $500 box and then bring it back the next day to exchange for more. Thoughts?

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your instincts are correct. Never dump at your pickup bank. If you want to develop a good relationship with your pickup bank (and you do want to) never dump on them. You'll have to find a dump bank or two.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are done with a box of halves, do you take them back to the same bank to exchange? I feel a little reluctant to ask them to order me a $500 box and then bring it back the next day to exchange for more. Thoughts?

Please read through the beginners guid in the stickies section

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hit...I went to a random bank and got 40 worth of halves and got 49 40% silvers and one 90%! wish they had more!

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bank has a coin machine and it takes 50 cent pieces I dump some in there and across town I do the rest..

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bank has a coin machine and it takes 50 cent pieces I dump some in there and across town I do the rest..

You still DO NOT want to dump your coins in the coin counter if that is the bank you are picking your coins up from- it will get you cut off ZIPPITY DO DAH FAST

Toxophilite

Jan 21, 2014
Hot Springs, AR
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where or how do you get a box of halves

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread