You cant make this stuff up - Craigslist

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't make this stuff up - Craigslist

So I have an ad out in my local CL selling copper pennies. This is a response I received this morning to said ad:

"You can get pennies at the bank. $100 bill for 10,000 pennies . They will trade
dimes quarters nickles halfs and even rel gold dollars. SO NO THANKS I DONT WANT
TO BE RIPPED OFF TODAY. Maybe next week you will be selling swamp land in
florida?"

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND RUSH TO THE BANK! BUY AS MANY "REL GOLD DOLLARS" AS THEY WILL ALLOW BEFORE THEY CATCH ON TO THIS SCHEME!!!! FINALLY I WILL BE ABLE TO QUIT MY JOB AND TRAVEL THE WORLD!

HH Everyone

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Lordy! That individual voted, maybe multiple times!

And this is why we have the world we have - hysteria....

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least he got the number of coins he would receive for his Benjamin correct.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah "gold dollars" how many times have I heard that pitiful phrase * the lord must like dumb folks cuz he made so many of em , but to I have to meet and interact with each and everyone of em?

Last edited:

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a spot price on silver solder?
We used to call Hershey kisses -silverbells.
Smelt your "Roll Gold" pretzels.
After hours, do they lock those "pots of gold" at construction sites? Some prospectors spend a lot of time in those.
Many opportunities for early retirement!
Ray

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Too funny! Like the local guy here selling "silver dollars" (plain Ikes) for $5 ea, 'course this was way back when spot was $12.

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's rel gold dollars? I heard the new gold dollars don't have any gold in them, idk what cool joe is talking about. :dontknow:

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this instance rel is synonyms with fake. I think rel gold is European for fools gold

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stepdad has bags and bags of pennies that he has saved for probably 30 years, just recently found out he is a penny horder lol. Too bad i don't have the heart or patients to weed through all of them looking for wheaties and stuff.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stepdad has bags and bags of pennies that he has saved for probably 30 years, just recently found out he is a penny horder lol. Too bad i don't have the heart or patients to weed through all of them looking for wheaties and stuff.
Too bad.
Find someone close who has interest.
Offer a child, he or she can keep all but the old ones. Most would flop on the floor and jump in those bags.
Likely to spark some interest also. Maybe not a nail chewer though. LOL
Ray

George Baldwin

May 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on deepseeker. And I'm pretty sure he helped elect the current president.

Don't you mean the last one? We all have our own political opinions, how 'bout we try to keep them to ourselves in this CRH forum.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on deepseeker. And I'm pretty sure he helped elect the current president.

Misinformed? Quick to judge? Highly emotional? Not very intelligent?

I could argue otherwise. I'm sure each person could identify that as the person in the other camp, right?

BigMoses777

Apr 4, 2013
Don't you mean the last one? We all have our own political opinions, how 'bout we try to keep them to ourselves in this CRH forum.

Those panties got in a bunch super quick George! I agree that politics and pennies don't mix but sheesh. Easy there big fella! :)

George Baldwin

May 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those panties got in a bunch super quick George! I agree that politics and pennies don't mix but sheesh. Easy there big fella! :)

I can see where you are coming from BigMoses and if I offended Mercury1, I apologize to him. It's just that I talk politics all day on the internet, with friends, and co-workers and I'm just tired of seeing/hearing all that junk everywhere and on a daily basis. I don't want to see someone make a political comment that makes someone else bring their point of view out and we start with "Liberals this..." or "Conservatives that" and we get away from the one thing I know we all agree on: Coin Roll Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread