Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-304488906.jpg

So I bought only 2 dollars worth of pennies today and found 4 wheats I got skunked on $20 worth of dimes but this makes up for it

Upvote 0

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First day of CRHing.

1-wheat
1-51' dime
2-40' nickels

Baby steps......but I'm hooked.

["Even as we look toward the future with astonishment and wonder, we should never forget our past.":hello2:]

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First day of CRHing.

1-wheat
1-51' dime
2-40' nickels

Baby steps......but I'm hooked.

["Even as we look toward the future with astonishment and wonder, we should never forget our past.":hello2:]

Great! Now you're addicted!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is better then nothing. I think you need a bike!!! The heck with walking.

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol i been slacking though lol havent bought any rolls in awhile

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150, ACE 350, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There has never been a time when I have been skunked with cents. I average 10-15 at least per box. I dred the day when I don't inspect and take a box of uncirc home. All my banks allow me to open the boxes first though. Great rapport!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
AWESOME!!! I love wheat pennies, i have $100 worth of pennies waiting to be searched right as I type.

I feel like I have the same thing waiting for me (in my case those are pre 1960 Canadian cents and a bit less than $100)

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I agree get a box. Its 25$ you'll never look back.

See, I disagree with this. Personally, I buy few penny boxes. I'm more likely to buy $5 or $10 of pennies every time I ask for halves at a bank. That way, I get a good mix of CWR's, which I find to generally have a better copper and wheat percentage.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
See, I disagree with this. Personally, I buy few penny boxes. I'm more likely to buy $5 or $10 of pennies every time I ask for halves at a bank. That way, I get a good mix of CWR's, which I find to generally have a better copper and wheat percentage.

I definitely get more copper in customer wraps that's for sure.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 794570

So I bought only 2 dollars worth of pennies today and found 4 wheats I got skunked on $20 worth of dimes but this makes up for it

Go for some Nickels!...Ive gotten Buffs and a few War nicks the first 2 boxes i got....not saying it happens alot...but its cheap and worth a shot!

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Customer wrapped coins that you can tell have the old style of wrappers are the ones I look for and always hit good! I scored $10 in pennies all copper, wheat and '43's mixed and $5 in nickles mixed with buffalos and '39's - '60's!!!

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last night my son and I went through $50 in cents and found 17 wheaties. Most were 40s-50s. We did get a 1909, two 1919s, and a 1935. Along with those was a 1951 Canadian too. Productive hunt.

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Customer wrapped coins that you can tell have the old style of wrappers are the ones I look for and always hit good! I scored $10 in pennies all copper, wheat and '43's mixed and $5 in nickles mixed with buffalos and '39's - '60's!!!

Some of the customer wrapped coins have been the best for me as far as the number of old coins. My oldest coins are still from Loomis though.

lucky larry

Apr 16, 2013
pls share how you get customer wrapped rolls. is it random or are there places, eg grocery stores...where you would typically find them?
thanks

Tucson Dan

Jan 30, 2013
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pls share how you get customer wrapped rolls. is it random or are there places, eg grocery stores...where you would typically find them?
thanks

Its just by what the bank has on hand when I go in. Sometimes I receive an unopened box of cents and other times I get loose rolls that customers bring to the branch. If the roller is not interested in going through cents, I find them to be better than the boxed coins. More finds. Just my observation.

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickels have been nice to me too

lucky larry

Apr 16, 2013
Its just by what the bank has on hand when I go in. Sometimes I receive an unopened box of cents and other times I get loose rolls that customers bring to the branch. If the roller is not interested in going through cents, I find them to be better than the boxed coins. More finds. Just my observation.

OK. thanks for info

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All CHR gentlemen on board. We must all remember that this young newbi is starting out the same way we ALL did at one time or another, yes I'm sure even TimZim. One roll at a time, then a few more, then maybe a box........ It's an addicting hobby just like any other vice, but we all enjoy it, otherwise we would not even be on this TN site. Do I stand correct gentlemen.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
We must all remember that this young newbi is starting out the same way we ALL did at one time or another, yes I'm sure even TimZim.

I think TimZim started off by buying a bag that had like $650 worth of silver and then got hooked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread