Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-304488906.jpg

So I bought only 2 dollars worth of pennies today and found 4 wheats I got skunked on $20 worth of dimes but this makes up for it

Upvote 0

Scar3Cr0w

Aug 16, 2013
Hello everyone, I also consider myself a clueless and new coin collector. Almost a year ago I got a wheat penny 1942, and as it is I also love history I just sat their starring at that coin and thinking. This coin was created during the second World War and possibly the most random tour around the country or possibly parts the world. That very moment I started learning everything I could about coin collecting. Although I feel I've learned a lot like knowing every year that the US has minted a silver coin, when they stopped what types of metals their made from. Even places to grab a few rolls like gas stations when I get gas, down to asking friends if I can check out their change after they buy something or laying around randomly. Coin collecting is not just a hobby or a in the moment thing, its a lifestyle, and a damn fun one, and something I plan on doing til I can't do. Just from browsing your alls comments its good to know that even though no one I know does it, I'm still not getting carried away lol

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I also consider myself a clueless and new coin collector. Almost a year ago I got a wheat penny 1942, and as it is I also love history I just sat their starring at that coin and thinking. This coin was created during the second World War and possibly the most random tour around the country or possibly parts the world. That very moment I started learning everything I could about coin collecting. Although I feel I've learned a lot like knowing every year that the US has minted a silver coin, when they stopped what types of metals their made from. Even places to grab a few rolls like gas stations when I get gas, down to asking friends if I can check out their change after they buy something or laying around randomly. Coin collecting is not just a hobby or a in the moment thing, its a lifestyle, and a damn fun one, and something I plan on doing til I can't do. Just from browsing your alls comments its good to know that even though no one I know does it, I'm still not getting carried away lol

Amen well said coin hunting is also fun with MD's lol have fun good luck

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir I am now really addicted to this hobby

Me too!

I just started a couple of months ago.

It DOES (Coin Roll hunting "Pennies/Cents") seem to be feast or famine (In MY limited experience) though.

A few days ago I showed up for a swingshift ( I work community-based Mental-Health with dual-diagnosed youngsters) with
2,000 pennies and enlisted the help of one of My youngsters to see what we could find in those rolls. I promised him all of the 2012-13
coins in exchange for his help. We went through them and I ended up with a grand total of 22 coppers (3 Wheats) ??? My little helper
dude got himself almost $4 in shiny new clad (That he promptly converted to a couple of "new/old" games at "Game Stop").

Last night I took another 2,000 rolled cents into work and ended-up with over 300 pre-82's with 11 "Wheats" (A couple of which were
darn near AU '59's [I know that they'er not worth much because everyone and their brother was collecting them in '59]). It was still
pretty cool though...8-)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Last night I took another 2,000 rolled cents into work and ended-up with over 300 pre-82's with 11 "Wheats" (A couple of which were
darn near AU '59's [I know that they'er not worth much because everyone and their brother was collecting them in '59]). It was still
pretty cool though...8-)

1959 cents are Memorial cents, not wheaties.

PennyMan1337

Sep 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive went through 17 rolls so far found 189 coppers and 5 wheats this is alot of fun

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
I'm fairly new myself. Started CRH in March this year. No idea it would be so addicting. Now I'm doing thousands per week in mostly all denominations. Newbie finds for the past 6 months.......Enjoy & welcome to the world of CRH

Attachments

• image-3977038079.jpg
    image-3977038079.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 261
  • image-360160346.jpg
    image-360160346.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 250
  • image-1888481825.jpg
    image-1888481825.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 248
  • image-3809621685.jpg
    image-3809621685.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 242
  • image-2753205278.jpg
    image-2753205278.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 252
  • image-1941515020.jpg
    image-1941515020.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boxes produce 10 to 20 wheats on average for me, CR none to plenty also only place I've ever found a steel penny was CR rolls 2 just the other day!! Good Luck and happy hunting ! Remember all your losers are still money!!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My average copper per box is only 12-18%, but usually a good number of wheats (12-15/box). All depends on the general public dumping into the system. I think that the trend for finding copper is somewhat different then that of finding silver. Silver is so much more noticeable (as rim checking on dimes quarters halves) vs cents have to be date checked for pre 1982. Nobody really cares for pennies, just watch how many people walk over a penny on the floor at a local McDonalds. With all the TRILLIONS & TRILLIONS of pennies still out there, why does our government continue to stamp out more each year?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions