Hit 2 milestones today.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
As I've said before, I don't post on here much anymore because people are always trying to tell each other what to do, and there seems to be a few "fake" accounts (people making unbelievable claims about what they have found) and a few other problems on here lately... I digress, today I went to a couple banks, went through about $300 in various denoms of coins, mostly dimes and was skunked almost all day. I went to one last bank and picked up the only CWR of dimes they had in. 3rd roll in I found 2 silver rosies, which marked my 100th silver rosie. Next two rolls found one each both rosies. Finally I get to the second to last roll, almost half full of silver. In total 12 mercs and 13 rosies (oldest was a 1926 merc, too worn to tell if it had a mint mark). I also hit my 50th rosie with this find. 111 rosies and 60 mercs so far. (sorry for bad quality pic)

Side note: also scored a silver cert in uncirc condition from a teller. 1957, so its not worth a bunch, but it's still a pretty cool find

Also since silver has been dipping so low I bought my first maple leaf. I'd buy more but I have to pay my tuition next month.

EDIT: after I saw what was in that last roll I went back to the teller and bought every CWR she had, 2 rolls of quarters, 10 rolls of nickels, 6 rolls of pennies...nothing in any of those worth keeping.

Attachments

• 20130627_164754_zps6060ff24.jpg
    20130627_164754_zps6060ff24.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Very nice find. Finding a stray silver here or there is cool. But finding a stack of them like that is awesome. Very nice find.

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To some on here this could seem to be an unbelievable find....when they happen to you....they are awesome. Congratulations on your silver.

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
To some on here this could seem to be an unbelievable find....when they happen to you....they are awesome. Congratulations on your silver.

True, but I've got the pictures to back it up. There were a few users (I won't name any names) who would claim to find hundreds of silver half dollars every few weeks, no pics, no proof...nothing at all to even give one shred of evidence to the claim.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hit!!! Those mercs are so sweet looking!!

I havent seen anybody posting "fake" finds recently... the person that comes to my mind was banned...

Silver certificates are awesome! Much better than 1 US dollar...

HH!

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures aren't necessarily proof either.

Eventually you have to trust your fellow man.

Nice find

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
That is a great feeling. I have only found one merc. Dime and believe it or not it was in a roll of halfs. I'd be really excited to get that many.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of people, like myself don't like to post pics. It is what it is. I have a handful of unbelievable finds over the past 2 years, but have only posted 1 pic ever. The finds here are alomost all real based on my own experience as CRHer. HH

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hit!!! Those mercs are so sweet looking!!

I havent seen anybody posting "fake" finds recently... the person that comes to my mind was banned...

Silver certificates are awesome! Much better than 1 US dollar...

HH!

70 Solid rolls? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread