Two or Three MWR Halves firsts!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Picked up $150 in MWR halves from a bank. When she's counting out the rolls I see a nice bright bell staring back at me. That makes it my first Ben in a MWR, my first silver ender in a MWR and my first 90%'er overall in a MWR. The 5 year old and I each pulled '67's from the lot as well. I'm $10,580 into MWR's so far and have exactly 7 - 40%ers, 1 Ben, 5 clad proofs and 1 clad commemorative proof to show for it. Of the 8 silvers, 4 came in one box and 3 came today out of a small lot today. I have another box to pick up tomorrow. I'm optimistic it'll be a solid box. Solid rolls are nice (I've never found more than 8 in a roll) I'm sure, but I'm looking for a solid box.

Picked up some various other denominations and didn't really find anything too good, but did end up with coins from the Bahamas, Bermuda, the Netherlands and a 1951 1 Franc from Belgium. All neat finds. I think we're up to about a dozen countries now, counting CRH, coin counter and teller tray finds.

Going to branch out a bit geographically and see what happens. Hopefully I'll find some fertile ground.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds Twitch.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That sounds about normal to me. The ben is extra cool though. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread