Dropping change off in Bags at the Bank...Should I trust this?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason I'm starting to worry, is that the last 2 times i have dropped off Change in those Change Deposit bags. My totals have been perfectly even!.

I recently got a box of 100 in nickels....I took out a few rolls becaues they were compltely uncirculated, and dumped the rest at the bank, Not to mention I cleaned the change out of my center console.

Well after a week and a half later I looked at my bank and it said "90.00" had been deposited ...I just thouhgt, WOW...thats a fluke.

one Week later, I dump 3 boxes of pennies, that i had went thru and took out the coppers and Wheats...(Did find a Steelie..so that was good)

So i did the same thing...deposited it ...waited the week and a half...BAM!...(55.00) on the nose.....Either this is a HUGE Coincidence...Or they are rounding numbers...

My Question is....Do you guys that deposit change this way have faith in the banks??

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had a problem whatsoever.

I routinely mix coins in the same bag as well. Like, a box of halves and two boxes of dimes.

Again, never had a problem.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I only do it with halves but, I have never had a problem ever, allways $500.00 a bag credit. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm glad some people have chimed in...And I never said i did have any problems. I just thought it was strange my deposits were dead on a dollar amount...So i do have a little more faith

thanks for the inputs!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't deposit my bags, I get my cash and the bags go to the vault, my name is not on anything. The bags get counted much later, and not at the CU. Never any problems in five years.

Last edited:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've processed close to $2,000,000 and always use coin lock bags, never a problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread