under the cabinet

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So at all my dump banks they have small cabinets they keep the coin machine bags in- at my dump today my 4yr old found a clad qtr in the otherwise empty garbage next to the machine and she was so excited- well being the 4 yr old she is, she was playing with the qtr and dropped it and it rolled onder the cabinet- she has fished pennies out from under it before but the qtr went far enough back she couldnt get it- and she started to cry- I felt bad and instead of saying something like " well you shouldnt have been playing with the qtr- or sorry sweetie its gone" like I might usually say I decided I wanted to make her smile again so I grabbed the cabinet (a little concerened maybe someone at the branch might say something or get upset) and moved it enough for her ti reach her qtr- as she got down on her knees she let out a wow- and pulled up a handfull of coins- mostly pennies but a dime and canadian qtr to go along with her qtr- but also in her small hands was a nice shiny '65 half- she looked at the rim and said "look dad silver" lol.
Helped ease the pain of 10 more skunks this week-
HH

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty neat. There is this country bank, under the counter (not cabinet) I go to from time to time, and they keep a loaded double barrel shotgun under it.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Sounds like my kids. They have fished, literally, somewhere in the $20-30 range worth of change out from under counters this year alone. They've found Silver quarters, silver dimes, Mercs, wheats, and Indian and all kinds of foreign, but they have yet to find a silver half. Nice work.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. It pays to bring the kid!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions