The bad, the ugly, and then finally the good

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bad: After hustling all week on dimes to scrape up only .55 oz of AG, I was counting on my 2 boxes of halves to get me to my 1 ounce quota. Both were total skunks.

The ugly: A coin counting machine that was previously invincible decided to act up big time today (it *is* Friday the 13th after all, not sure what I was thinking). Dumping $1000 in halves took almost 45 minutes instead of the usual 4-5 minutes.

The good: Just as I was finally finishing up with the Disaster Dump, I reached in to my pocket for my keys, and heard the surprising sound of silver. Odd, I hadn't found any, so what's that doing there? I pull out my change and see a 1960 Washington quarter. The only place I've received change all day was when I dumped some dimes earlier to get the cash for my halves, so the bank must have given it to me!

The best part about this: I have been *obsessing* about silver quarters the past few days. I've never CRH'd quarters, and didn't own a single one. But I've had them on the brain, and was trying to figure out how to fit trying some quarters into my CRH routine. Ask and you shall receive, I guess.

The quarter, plus one more silver dime on my final dime pick-up, leaves me at .809 oz. I don't think I have it in me to find 3 more dimes before Monday, so I'm short on my ounce this week. But I'll be smiling about this quarter all weekend.

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I've found two quarters CRH but I think getting one in change would be more exciting. I don't hunt for them much because I've got some really nasty ones and loaded with non silver Canadian.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score! Maybe the bank you previously dumped dimes at should be your new pickup bank or cwr bank? :)

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I too try to reach my 1- ounce goal each week. Got 12 AG dimes so far this week (2-mercs, 10-Rosie's). Picked up my final 4-boxes this morning, hope I can muster 2 more silvers as I check tonight or Sunday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread