Best score of my life from a bank- not sure I even believe it!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the local credit union today at lunch. They kind of got tired of seeing me last winter, I guess I was a bother getting halves. I don't search coins much, just too busy. But today, I had an itch to look thru some coins. The teller didn't have any halves, I asked if they had any in the back (as in a box) or a box of dimes. He went back and came back in a few minutes. Said no halves but they had $300 in dimes. They had to be "verified", which means customers brought them in and they had to open the rolls and COUNT THEM. Also they had a few, maybe 10 of the "big dollars". I thought I didn't want to stay here all day, so I told them I'd take $100 In dimes and the big dollars. I thought great, more ugly Eisenhower dollars, as I don't think they're especially attractive. It took over 20 minutes. I got the coins, only had a few minutes to get back to work before I was officially late back from lunch. Paid them and glanced at the big dollars, I off handedly remarked, boy they're dirty. Got to the car and....and....and...

Six Eisenhowers. Only 5 are pictured, the other fell on the floor, will retrieve it shortly. And these...... IMG_0445.JPG IMG_0446.JPG IMG_0447.JPG They have black spots but the detail especially on the Morgans is unbelievable. All the hair is there, the ear is distinct, LIBERTY is crisp.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread