JFK

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50 years after his assassination, I find his face on 10 silver coins. Been hunting 4 boxes a week pretty steady now for awhile. The last 4 were skunks but I got 10 from 3 and 1 skunk today. The stack is really growing. HH!

P.S. Sorry the second pic is so crappy, just needed something to show you guys.

11.22.13.roll.jpg 11.22.13.finds.jpg

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice is right, i've been lucky to average even close to 1 silver per box lately. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've really been killing it lately. Had my 45 silver box a few weeks ago and been averaging around 3 per box before last weeks freezeout. Just lucky, I guess.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I agree, time for change, but it doesn't look like there will be any.

Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, Washington, and Kennedy, they don't seem to be going anywhere fast.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Get the dang Presidents and their wives off the coins! Time for a real change.

Maine_Jim

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the dang Presidents and their wives off the coins! Time for a real change.

Maine_Jim

Wouldn't be surprised if the law were changed by "somebody" to make it legal to put a living president on our coinage. And you know who that living president would be ... Just another "fundamental" change for America.

I agree with you, though. Time to get all the presidents off the coins - since no one will ever agree who is worthy of being there. Time to bring Lady Liberty back!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't be surprised if the law were changed by "somebody" to make it legal to put a living president on our coinage. And you know who that living president would be ... Just another "fundamental" change for America.

I agree with you, though. Time to get all the presidents off the coins - since no one will ever agree who is worthy of being there. Time to bring Lady Liberty back!

Pretty sure that he's got other stuff going on that's more important than getting his face on a coin, just saying. Thinking that's some part of a devious scheme is pretty petty.

I agree with symbols. Let's get back to liberty, statue of liberty, eagles, stuff like that.

Coins and paper currency used to be education, but I don't think it serves that purpose any longer.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty sure that he's got other stuff going on that's more important than getting his face on a coin, just saying. Thinking that's some part of a devious scheme is pretty petty.

I agree with symbols. Let's get back to liberty, statue of liberty, eagles, stuff like that.

Coins and paper currency used to be education, but I don't think it serves that purpose any longer.

im sick of the current coinage. time for a change for a change in change.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Please, DON'T anyone dare to ask for an Obama half. Just like his Obama-care insurance sign up package, it won't work. Most likely they would be counterfeits.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Please, DON'T anyone dare to ask for an Obama half. Just like his Obama-care insurance sign up package, it won't work. Most likely they would be counterfeits.

strange

i got a couple, they peel off easily though. they've been circulating since 09 thereabouts from reading about them in the forums

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
strange

i got a couple, they peel off easily though. they've been circulating since 09 thereabouts from reading about them in the forums

Is the peeling off, the same meaning as when Nixon resigned? Out of the picture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread