GA update

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
On the move to GA I picked up ~$310 worth of halves CWR's from North Carolina. Found 6 - 40%ers, making NC my 9th silver producing state of the year. I've been in GA for about 3 weeks now and have hunted a total of ~$3,500 worth of halves including 5 boxes from 2 different suppliers. I have a total of one clad '76-S and a dozen or so NIFC's. No GA silver yet. I have found 2-3 banks that will order but I don't have a dump bank arranged yet (haven't found a bag dump or coin counter yet). Obviously I can dump rolls if necessary. I've seen evidence of 3 or 4 other CRH'ers so far, but have had reasonable success in locating CWR's.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, are you travelling around for business? pleasure? have you moved there? Just curious. Keep us posted,
HH
BuffaloBoy

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Buffaloboy - I move a lot for work (6 times in 15 years) and, depending on what job I'm in, sometimes will travel a lot for work. In my new role I expect to not travel too much. Will travel to Jacksonville and Panama City a few times and a few trips out of the country, but nothing ridiculous. Maybe in GA I'll find less of your marked halves!!! : )

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
No Jacksonville no! Oops I said too much classified information.

It really is silly that hunters try and keep their location a secret. I've made no secret where I'm located and have been culling silver for years. I've helped those who were visiting the area on which areas are good to hunt. I can't cull it all so I might as well help another.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really is silly that hunters try and keep their location a secret. I've made no secret where I'm located and have been culling silver for years. I've helped those who were visiting the area on which areas are good to hunt. I can't cull it all so I might as well help another.

+1.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I believe past CRH Silver Cop was from Georgia. He had some great posts.

Maine_Jim

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
you think it's silly until you get robbed and you ain't got nothing

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck, boxes in the South suck. <---- Speaking from experience.

I keep ordering thinking I'll find something good and it's usually a waste of time (at least halves are).

I've found (in boxes from since I started):
~ 10 40%ers
1 90% '64
1 Clad proof
~ $20 in NIFCs

I haven't hunted much in the last 6 months or so (box-wise) but I usually get 2 boxes and just get lots of marked clad.

Good luck and HH in GA!

- DS

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Jacksonville is pretty broad I wouldn't be too concerned. Although, I wouldn't get anymore specific.
they can track your ip so they know where u posted your last post. For instance, mods know exactly where u were when you posted last. A good hacker can find out too. That's why I log in with my phone.

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they can track your ip so they know where u posted your last post. For instance, mods know exactly where u were when you posted last. A good hacker can find out too. That's why I log in with my phone.

exactly

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Exactly what? Don't lend any credence to Eminem's theories. The closest anyone (except with a court order) can ascertain a person's location via an IP address is the internet service provider.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Exactly what? Don't lend any credence to Eminem's theories. The closest anyone (except with a court order) can ascertain a person's location via an IP address is the internet service provider.
you are wrong dawg. A mod banned my dad for having an account because he logged into the same house as me. Mods and possible hackers know exactly where you live. If you log in with a phone people get you confused with other people who logged in with their phone because you're sharing a cell tower. Giving the town you live in only makes it easier because everyone has two ip addresses.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
btw government can track everything you do and post with no reasonable cause of anything. Hackers can do the same, even the government gets hacked and stuff gets leaked.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, boxes in the South suck. <---- Speaking from experience.

I keep ordering thinking I'll find something good and it's usually a waste of time (at least halves are).

I've found (in boxes from since I started):
~ 10 40%ers
1 90% '64
1 Clad proof
~ $20 in NIFCs

I haven't hunted much in the last 6 months or so (box-wise) but I usually get 2 boxes and just get lots of marked clad.

Good luck and HH in GA!

- DS

True!!!!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
you are wrong dawg. A mod banned my dad for having an account because he logged into the same house as me. Mods and possible hackers know exactly where you live. If you log in with a phone people get you confused with other people who logged in with their phone because you're sharing a cell tower. Giving the town you live in only makes it easier because everyone has two ip addresses.

I was hoping that you would respond only to prove my point how wrong you are. Dawg. Google is your friend - https://www.google.com/#q=can+ip+address+be+traced+to+a+physical+address

I won't even try to debunk your "everyone has 2 IP addresses". Let's just say there aren't enough IP addresses for everyone to have 1. It is one of the limitations of the internet and why new protocols have to be adopted every few years to expand the pool of IP addresses. Learn about DHCP and how it relates to IP address assignment - https://www.google.com/#q=dynamic+host+configuration+protocol

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
in VA for the holiday, have 4 halves boxes tomorrow, hopefully will find some silver. Haven't seen any in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
4 skunk boxes of halves yesterday, welcome back to VA for the weekend. I have 4 more for next weekend so we'll see. They were a box type I hadn't seen before. Not sure what's going on there. Did find a '68-D in a teller tray and my 7 year old scored a '44-P war nickel. He also found to solid rolls of copper, one of which had 9 wheats in it. The 50 coins in the roll only had 4 different dates represented in it. I'm sure there a lot more good rolls in the dump, but I can't remember where I got them from????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread