Bitter Sweet Saturday Morning....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally talked my husband into taking me to Baton Rouge this morning....will cost me... ;)......we went to about 15 banks and only two had any rolls. One bank had 1 roll and another bank had four rolls. Total haul....1 90% and 2-40%.... :(..... :-[.

Now comes the good part.....as I was talking to the teller at the bank with 4 rolls....the teller next to her said she had a bunch of the large Ike dollar coins (18 total)....so I asked if I could see them.....she had them in one of those white envelopes that they normally put the paper money in & when I laid them out I saw this baby.....a 1921 Morgan dollar!!!!! I immediatly told her I would buy them....paid her for the dollars and rolls and about ran out to my husbands truck.....he told me I came out so quick he thought I robbed the place.....lol.

Getting this one coin was worth for trip for me.

Attachments

• 1921 Morgan Dollar 001.jpg
    1921 Morgan Dollar 001.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 1921 Morgan Dollar 002.jpg
    1921 Morgan Dollar 002.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
A Morgan! That's simply amazing! I'm especially happy that it was found by someone who appreciates it. I hope your luck continues! As to how a Morgan ended up at bank? Your guess is as good as mine. Amazing.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Those are few and far between ...but you ......you got one!!!!!!
Congrats !!! What an awesome coin!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread