TESORO DeLeon
Upvote 0

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Have you got out your local phone book and started calling banks? Beats burning up a tank full of gas.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinlover said:
i didnt know you could call banks and ask for halfs.

Yeah, just go down the list asking everyone if any of the tellers have and halves or if any are in the vault. If they have any tell them that you will be by later that day to pick them up.

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
My experience is that if you call a bank asking for halfs they say no. That is if they have ever had a CRHer they would say no.

100 mile radius!? thats dedication

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the calling thing doesn't work out for you....maybe you could ask your bank to order a box for you.....usually takes about a week to come in depending on what day you order it. Wish you all the luck.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
lejeuene said:
If the calling thing doesn't work out for you....maybe you could ask your bank to order a box for you.....usually takes about a week to come in depending on what day you order it.

True, and if you have an account, you don't have to pay for anything up front, just ask them to order it for you. They will put a note on it saying it's for you. I just ordered my first box yesterday. I think it's the only shot I really have at finding silver in my town. One of the tellers told me she couldn't believe how many people came in, buying all the halves and other rolled coin.

OP
OP
gtlfindings

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
I tried that but the banks said they dont order them anymore.Even my regular bank says no.I thought of using the phone,but I feel a face to face may work better,but considering gas prices I should call.I work in the Bronx so Connecticut isnt too far nor is Upstate and Pa would push the outer limit.Enough of my ramblings...Thanks all!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread