Meltdown?

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
hey all,

I am thinking of getting rid of my 40s eventually and I wanted to know if any of you sell your coins for meltdown or do you keep them? Im definitly not going to sell any of my walkers or franklins, I love them too much.

If you do sell them, who do you sell them to and how much do you get?

What is a fair price for Kennedy 40%s?

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
With silver having dropped over $1.50 this week, I wouldn't be selling any right now. Rather, I'd look to buy.

Feb 20, 2007
USA
Unless you can somehow work a fair trade for 90% halfs, I would save them! But that is just me. ;D

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now silver is right at $13 an ounce. You can expect to get about 3X face for the 40% halves. I plan on keeping mine for some time to come as I don't have a big burning need for the money. I want to see if silver will hit the $20 an ounce by the end of the year like a lot of analysts are saying. I currently have 875 40%, I want to have 2000 by the end of the year.

OP
OP
silvershark

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
I plan on using mine for more of an investment than anything, just keep accumulating money from the 40s. I will prolly never meltdown any of my 90% Kennedy's, unless I get a huge amount. or maybe invest it in bars...

-SS

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Just over the weekend I got $2 per coin, today its $1.50. I like to sell my 40% to diversify. I buy gold coins and certified coins. I still have a lot to learn. I dont think I got that great of a deal on some of the certified coins I bought. But they will go up, and I am learning. I also have a box for my daughter and nephew and I slide some silver their way each month.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
tw656 said:
Just over the weekend I got $2 per coin, today its $1.50. I like to sell my 40% to diversify. I buy gold coins and certified coins. I still have a lot to learn. I dont think I got that great of a deal on some of the certified coins I bought. But they will go up, and I am learning. I also have a box for my daughter and nephew and I slide some silver their way each month.

If you wouldn't mind can you let us know how you got $2 per coin? Did you sell on ebay, craigslist, or did you sell to a private party or dealer.

Thanks,
65GT350

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread