Question

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's that season. I have a few pieces of advice

1) If they know what you're up to and the relationship is good, you could say "I'm looking to fill a collection of different dates, can you check the holes to see if there are any boxes of older pennies back there?"

2) If not, or if it's blind (you can't see into the box), BUY THEM ANYWAY. If you start picking and choosing the boxes you pick up too much, they will get tired of your shenanigans.

3) Either lay low for a while and let the new ones pass and try again in a few weeks OR

4) Do your civic CRH duty and buy/dump them until you get the rolls you want.

OP
OP
W

WheatWaffle

Bronze Member
Oct 30, 2013
Yeah. I got 80 rolls in CWR that produced 72 wheat. But I decided to try nickels for a few weeks. See what happens.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my area solid boxes of the year start circulating around mid april and last until about January of the following year but from experience, the solid boxes come in waves, you just have to push through the solid boxes. I have some banks willing to look and make sure the coins aren't brand new (if the coin box has holes at the bottom) and I have some banks that are willing to swap the new boxes for old. Relationships are key in this hobby. treat your banks well and they will do the same to you.

OP
OP
W

WheatWaffle

Bronze Member
Oct 30, 2013
I know what u mean BuffaloBoy. My mom banks there a lot, so they are willing to look to see if they are new, and if they are, they swap them out when they get old boxes. I guess its just frustrating when u only look through $40 in CWR in one month. At least it was a mini-collection dump.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so I've seen the reference to CWR. Can you explain?

Go read the beginners thread in the stickies section itll help a lot
CWR=customer wrapped rolls
MWR=machine wrapped rolls

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions