got super lucky today (beginner)

Mchief56

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie, been reading this forum for the past couple of months, done a little CRH for halves and got 3 40% until today. Went to local bank and they had three rolls of halves, bought them and went outside to my truck. In the 3 rolls I got 3-40%, 2 Bens (61&63) and a 1947 Walker. Felt like Christmas all again, maybe even better. Ordering a box of halves (first time) tomorrow from a Credit Union I just joined. Look forward to reading many more posts, and hope to have reason to post again. GLTA.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did really really good. Congrats and welcome. Sometimes you win and sometimes you get the skunk!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must not be in Austin haha...I even skunked out of copper cents when I was there!

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are good finds.

OP
OP
M

Mchief56

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the first box of halves from the Credit Union, almost half the box checked before I found a 40%. Things got better and wound up with a 65,66, 67X6, 68 and 69. I believe I'm hooked. I'll keep the 90% halves I've gotten, but saving the 40% to sell when silver prices rebound. GLTA and keep stacking.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
10 keepers is a great 1st box and should be enough to get u hooked. My last box had 10 x 40% and 2 x 90% which was my best box I've had in 2 yrs. I hope we both can get more good boxes like these again soon.

GL & H$H!

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the first box of halves from the Credit Union, almost half the box checked before I found a 40%. Things got better and wound up with a 65,66, 67X6, 68 and 69. I believe I'm hooked. I'll keep the 90% halves I've gotten, but saving the 40% to sell when silver prices rebound. GLTA and keep stacking.

The price on 40%'ers don't really have that much of a swing in price. I personally dump them every so often just for a space saver. You can use the money to trade up in silver to 90% or .999, gold or just keep it for other stuff =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread