May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rolls.jpg

Appetizer: $100 dimes

First Course: $30 cents

Main Course: $340 nickels

We'll see how far I get with these. I've got a lot of other stuff to do this weekend too. Thought I'd log the project for your enjoyment though.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good with the nickels. I've only found 1 no date Buffalo this year so far but I got lucky with a '45P nic today in the last of the rolls I got for the wknd, which is only my 3rd silver nic of the year but so far I haven't been searching as many nickels as I had planned. So do u at least save the pre-silver '38-'42D Jefferson's too?

I actually save everything up to 1954 (60 years old... for marketing purposes when I sell them later). I also save 1955(P), 1958(P) and 1959(P) because they are among the top 20 or so lowest mintage editions. I just didn't include them in the totals because they aren't that interesting. I have a quart jar that is about 2/3 full of these dating back to November or so.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotcha. I save the pre-'60s myself also but I should probably at least let the '58D's & '59D's go unless they look really nice bc of their high mintages. Better yet I should prob do like u and just save the pre-'55's and the '55,'58 & '59. I found a nice looking '59(P) w/steps early too. I even save the unc. nic rolls I get too but that can get a little expensive and tie up CRHing funds. But its kinda surprising when I see how much modern date unc nic rolls sell for on ebay....as much as 2-3 x fv.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread