What do you guys do with all the keepers you find thru CRH?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell them as I find them - now. After sitting on 200 ounces and watching the silver price go from $38 to $18, I wish I'd always done it that way! Ya, that's a $4k loss, dammit.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought we were all playing catch and release?

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell my 40% halves since their price doesn't fluctuate nearly as much as the 90%'ers.

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past, I have sold them......3 sales since 2010 totaling about $6k......but my current stash (~25 oz) is headed for my safety deposit box for my retirement in 2032.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I filled my swimming pool and swim through them

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save the 90% for now and the 40% get sold when the timing seems right. So far I have only made one sale of 40%. I sold 400 of them when silver spot price popped back up to the $24/ounce range for a two week period a couple months ago. That was all the normal 40% halves I had at that time and now I'm back up over 400 of them again so I am just waiting for the spot price to hit the right range. I probably won't sell the 90% unless I really need the money for something or the spot price goes back to the $40 - $50 range again. I know I am in the minority here, but I will keep saying it: the big appreciation in value occurs when we find silver for face value, not when we hold onto the silver. There are much better investments than silver or gold.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
The dollar crisis is coming....its just a matter of time......the longer it takes for it to happen the worse it will be.....at least for people who have their savings and investments in worthless dollars.....not for people who own real silver and gold money.....

Attachments

• MILLION_BILL1.jpg
    MILLION_BILL1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 86

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
(currently, Lobo & AT Pro) whites 6DB, 6000, Fisher 5 zx, Tesoro Bandito micromax,Sand Shark, Tejon. Garret GT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I melt mine and make jewelry. unless they are special.

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I have only been stacking for a few months. What I think I am going good to do is save any coins with numismatic values and a sale the rest quarterly and buy gold coins. I also purchase junk silver weekly in hopes that I find something worth keeping and sometimes I do. The gold and silver store gets a ton of stuff and rarely do they go through it and Check for dates....well until i go in three weeks in a row buying them then they start sorting through them to make sure I'm not buying anything worth a damn. That's my hobby, GETTIN' PAID.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oops.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I take mine to the mall and make hundreds of wishes in the fountain, still waiting for that dream box I've been wishing for :). HH, Maverick.

mjr08010

Jan 14, 2014
Miami, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save the 90% for now and the 40% get sold when the timing seems right. So far I have only made one sale of 40%. I sold 400 of them when silver spot price popped back up to the $24/ounce range for a two week period a couple months ago. That was all the normal 40% halves I had at that time and now I'm back up over 400 of them again so I am just waiting for the spot price to hit the right range. I probably won't sell the 90% unless I really need the money for something or the spot price goes back to the $40 - $50 range again. I know I am in the minority here, but I will keep saying it: the big appreciation in value occurs when we find silver for face value, not when we hold onto the silver. There are much better investments than silver or gold.

In the past couple months you've acquired more than 400?? How many boxes do you go through in a week?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread