Opening bank accounts

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I just had this come up at a local bank. They charge a $6 fee per quarter if your savings drops below $200, so I would have to deposit $700 to open the account and start buying boxes to avoid the fee.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 accounts, and I just keep the bare minimum in there to avoid fees. I will keep track of what the bare minimum is, and after dumping a time or two, will withdraw to the minimum.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have accounts at 3 banks, but all of them have a reason other than CRHing for now.

I was considering opening an account a 4th bank that has been wonderful to me and transitioning one of my current 3 banks as a CRH only bank, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Might just open the account as a CRH account too.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few accounts and they are all (free) checking accounts. I had to open the account with a minimum of $50 and the only requirement to avoid any fees in to keep a minmum of $1 in the account.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:
Some CRHers open accounts with banks that will only sell halves to members. My question to anyone who does this (I assume you open a savings acct): How much do you normally keep in it?

I have 4 accounts now. One is a family account, I use the checking as family and the savings for CRH that way I can keep the money separate. Two banks are strictly CRH and the last one is my business account, I keep the checking for business and savings for CRH. I wrote a spreadsheet to keep track of ALL transactions (money in/money out - coins purchased/coins returned) So far I am only $6.50 off from what I should be, I have gone through over $17000 in the last 3 months.

All accounts are free. A new bank in my area is opening on 3-30 so I will be one of their first customers (only if they offer free checking) Never heard of them before (Comercia Bank or something like that) I want a new source for half boxes. I will still get my usual 2 from B of A but I want to see if I can get boxes from a new vault.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread